Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Opinions using Charizard Y in VGC/Doubles
So I recently found a team report by a user named Bopper on Nugget Bridge that used Charizard Y and performed well. I'm going to copy and paste his build and explanation.

"Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 36 SpA / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
– Flamethrower
– Tailwind
– Solar Beam
– Protect

OHKOs 252HP/156SDef Aegislash with sun boosted flamethrower
Survives a Rock Slide from -1 Jolly Terrakion
Survives Choice Specs boosted Draco Meteor from Hydreigon 93.7% of the time
Outspeeds Adamant Landorus-T by 2 points, hitting 145 speed

Charizard was one of the megas that not a lot of people really believed in going into Nationals. Due to the large spike in usage of the famous Japanese sand team with Mega Salamence, Charizard didn’t seem to be a great play for the event. However, Charizard has amazing matchups against some of the top pokemon when supported correctly. There are always some matchups where Charizard severely lacks the offensive pressure that I love to apply. It was situations like these that made me want to try out Tailwind on Charizard in order to fill a support role for whenever Charizard couldn’t apply much offensive pressure on its own. With the use of Tailwind, I was able to set up a lot of really weird win conditions that my opponents didn’t really see coming, and these win conditions were usually able to immediately lock up games."

The other team members are Landorus, Thundurus, Conkeldurr, Sylveon, and Milotic. This team has been one of the best teams I have ever used. It performs well because of the support that Charizard gets and just to the simple fact that Charizard is also a threat as well when used correctly. I highly suggest trying the team out. I'll post a link to the rest of the team.

http://nuggetbridge.com/reports/flaming-...-4-report/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions using Charizard Y in VGC/Doubles - by DanielJames - Aug 31, 2015, 06:54 AM