Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Anti meta in progress, please help
(Sep 14, 2015, 09:03 PM)Black117 Wrote: Trying to counteract the meta with an "anti-meta" team usually doesn't work out too well after a awhile since CHALK usually figures out how to break anti meta...unless it happens to revolve around some Mega Gengar trap team I tried a while ago but fizzled out almost immediately. Well on to the team rate. First off you team has really poor matchup against...CHALK itself. I'm not kidding I could easily see a CHALK trick room team with  Heatran, Cresselia  and Amoonguss breaking this team relatively well since you don't have much responses. I know for a fact you have Adamant Weavile and LO Taunt Gengar to maybe try to stop the setup but most higher ladder Cresselias usually have Protect now after what happen at Worlds. Of course I'm talking about the more competent players who can manage games accordingly since who knows, maybe you'll face the same team but the other person might be inexperience or just get bailed out by RNG. If they happen to setup TR in any possible way, Cresselia's partners like Kangaskhan and Heatran can and will plow thru this team easily. I would recommend Amoonguss to at least slow them down while in Trick Room and since you have few responses to rain, but you don't want it so there's isn't much else out there. I mean you can try evolite Tangela with Regenerator since it has Sleep Powder and Rage Powder with a strong movepool but if cannot take a hit as much special hits.

The problem I see with this team is that its too reactionary or matchup based, either you are able to catch the opponent off guard with this fast team or you can't. BTW if you happen to lose Gengar or Weavile at any point in the battle, Aegislash will have a field day against Terrakion or Metagross as its able to beat both at will. As a Mega Metagross user will say that you don't have to worry too much about opposing Terrakions since the meta is CHALK atm so a bulkier set can help. For Rotom-W I definitely think Sitrus Berry is the better item at times since a Helping Hand boosted attack can easily knock out Rotom-W. Since your team needs speed control, try out Thunder Wave as it will allow you to outspeed opposing Mega Salamence instead of relying on Will-O-Miss. If you want, try out either Ice Punch on Metagross or Hammer Arm since one will let you hit the Genies hard while the other is coverage for Heatran, Kangaskhan, Hydreigon, Tyranitar, Mega Gyarados, and Ferrothorn.

Honestly if this were up to me (not taking any biases whatsoever), I'd chose CM Sylveon as the last spot since you team is need of a strong special attacker and you need something else to beat Fighting types in case Mega Metagross goes down.

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate / Leftovers  
Ability: Pixilate  
Level: 50  
EVs: 228 HP / 156 Def / 84 SpA / 28 SpD / 12 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Hyper Voice  
- Calm Mind  
- Helping Hand  / HP Ground
- Protect

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite  
Ability: Tough Claws  
Level: 50