Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TUTORIAL] Entry Hazards and You
Amazing and detailed guide on entry hazard support, Rogue. A lot of times I see players neglect the use of entry hazards in competitive battling, especially in the PU tier when to be honest, entry hazards is what changes a 2HKO to an OHKO which is what makes Pokemon like Stoutland all the more deadly. My favorite entry hazard has to be Stealth Rock due to its ability to pick up chip damage on any switch in as well as murder Talonflame and Charizard who can both be a huge pain in the OU tier, also getting up Rocks is easy, a wide range of mons get it and it doesn't require stacking.

One thing about getting up entry hazards that I want to address is that getting them up on the first turn SHOULD NEVER ALWAYS BE YOUR LEAD. First turn rocks is too predictable of a lead and should only be done if these conditions are met

1. The opponent doesn't have a Defogger/Spinner
2. Your form of hazard control isn't Defog

Premature rocks can be easily removed and your entry hazard setter, after being KOd, is ensured to never be able to get up the hazard which can cost you the game.

My point? Up your hazard setting game!

And always make sure that you have some form of hazard removal/control on your team especially if you're running more bulky offense, balanced or stall because all the chip damage counts

Messages In This Thread
Entry Hazards and You - by Rogue - Sep 27, 2016, 03:21 AM
RE: Entry hazards, and you. - by Black117 - Sep 27, 2016, 03:53 AM
RE: Entry hazards, and you. - by Marcusube - Sep 27, 2016, 04:45 AM
RE: Entry hazards, and you. - by Idle - Sep 27, 2016, 05:20 AM
RE: Entry hazards, and you. - by Reed - Sep 27, 2016, 06:19 AM
RE: Entry Hazards and You - by Vinnie - Sep 27, 2016, 09:11 AM
RE: Entry Hazards and You - by w2gMk - Sep 27, 2016, 09:34 AM
RE: Entry Hazards and You - by Rogue - Sep 27, 2016, 11:48 AM
RE: Entry Hazards and You - by Rogue - Sep 27, 2016, 11:51 AM