Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TUTORIAL] Entry Hazards and You
(Sep 27, 2016, 09:11 AM)Vinnie050 Wrote: Thanks for the amazing guide! I'm new to competitve and I've been learning about entry hazards the hard way.
Sticky Web drives me insane and lost multiple games because of it Angry :D

Try using a Bisharp on your team. Bisharp will gain movement speed and a fast bisharp is a scary bisharp!

(Sep 27, 2016, 03:53 AM)Black117 Wrote: Entry Hazards is definitely one of the most defining aspects in any singles-based metagame as getting that vital chip damage is important to ensure the OHKOs. Personally, every team must have some form of hazards as well as potentially Defog/Rapid Spin to get rid of them (unless they are completely Hyper Offensive themselves). Thing about hazards is player don't really take into consideration how important it can be during the whole duration of the battle. Setting hazards quick is key, but not without losing some valuable momentum as Naitre mentioned. Personally my favorite form of hazards is Toxic Spikes (especially in League Format) as there some games were teams don't have responses of it and the damage just kepts racking up. Don't know why most players do this, but its better to setup one layer of Toxic Spikes instead of two, unless you are facing some kinda of stall or bulky team with decent recovery. Reason being is the first two turns of Poisoned Toxic Spikes will deal about 25% as opposed to like 18.75% from Toxic poison. The damage will even itself out at 3 turns, but very likely the opponent's has swapped out.

Anyways amazing hazard guide Rogue and don't feel terrible about doing those late night guides since we've all done that before.

I completely agree with this. The only players I see who really abuse Toxic Spikes are high ladder Ubers players, because they're great in ubers. But that doesnt mean they should only be used there, they're amazing overall and can really make/break a game. 2 layers of toxic spikes can literally save you a game just while dancing around their poison counter when you need to. On top of that, Toxic Spikes often forces your opponent to play different. It often can make them pressured and make mistakes. I love toxic spikes. It also helps that not everyone runs a poison type on their team haha.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.

Messages In This Thread
Entry Hazards and You - by Rogue - Sep 27, 2016, 03:21 AM
RE: Entry hazards, and you. - by Black117 - Sep 27, 2016, 03:53 AM
RE: Entry hazards, and you. - by Marcusube - Sep 27, 2016, 04:45 AM
RE: Entry hazards, and you. - by Idle - Sep 27, 2016, 05:20 AM
RE: Entry hazards, and you. - by Reed - Sep 27, 2016, 06:19 AM
RE: Entry Hazards and You - by Vinnie - Sep 27, 2016, 09:11 AM
RE: Entry Hazards and You - by w2gMk - Sep 27, 2016, 09:34 AM
RE: Entry Hazards and You - by Rogue - Sep 27, 2016, 11:48 AM
RE: Entry Hazards and You - by Rogue - Sep 27, 2016, 11:51 AM