Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] [Spoiler] How to optain the shiny charm in Sun/Moon
(Nov 12, 2016, 10:56 AM)Squeab Wrote: @wundrweapon I can confirm that if you don't use the EXP share, much like X and Y, these games will be challenging. Regarding the type match up thing, it's only after you've beaten a Pokémon of that species. I also believe that it doesn't happen online, but I could be wrong. A lot of new people are joining This generation, with the advent of Pokémon Go. Asking them to learn the match up of 18(?) types, and endless combinations of them is a bit ridiculous. If you already know the type match ups, what's the big deal? And believe it or not, Pokémon is designed for and marketed to children.

exp share: I loved that - a lot. it was effectively a difficulty switch, which lines me right up to...
type matchup: my problem is that the type chart was one of the few things left to keep the games hard. if it could be disabled I'd be alright with that, as I wouldn't be forced to be treated like a 2-year-old - if I wanted easy, I'd have it. then...
marketing: duh, but their target audience practically drops one year every generation. in gen VII, as long as you can read, the games will be easy to complete for you. the exp share was a difficulty toggle, but the type matchup thing is always in easy mode. B2W2 did it right, ORAS did it right, SM is doing it wrong. in my humble opinion, of course

sidenote: another thing I don't like about gen VII: in Pokemon, even though you're playing a JRPG, you feel like it's its own genre. in gen VII, that feeling is lost. maybe it's just me having played too many 'mon games, but that special spark is gone now. maybe - just maybe - the god(s) of gen VIII will hear my pleas...
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Spoiler] How to optain the shiny charm in Sun/Moon - by wundrweapon - Nov 12, 2016, 07:27 PM