Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2017 Tier List (Always Current)
Now that I've played the Arcanine-Fini-Kartana combo on several VGC games on Showdown, I have my own personal opinions on several mons on this tier list, particularly the higher ones.

Marowak-Alola: If Arcanine's tankiness can't make the cut when it comes to the matchup, Marowak can be a better offensive solution. At least put this guy in A tier if it can't go to A+ or S. Slap a Thick Club on it and the offensive capabilities grow monstrously.

Tapu Fini: With the rise of the usage of Aurora Veil Ninetales and the AFK, Defog Fini can be very useful in a lot of situations. This mon synergizes very well with Kartana more than it does with Arcanine, and it can actually serve as a supportive tank when used with the correct moveset. Right now I'm using a Scald/Moonblast/Ice Beam/Defog moveset, and it's worked very well as a tank, as it's lasted a very long while in most of my battles. I would put it in A+.

Arcanine: This boy has a very very slim chance of getting in S tier. While it is by far one of the most utilizable Fire tanks in VGC, demonstrating strong support, it's not that capable when it comes to entry in S tier. I use an Extreme Speed/Flare Blitz/Protect/Morning Sun moveset on my Arcanine, and after playing a few games with it, I just feel like it's going to stay in A+.

Kartana: I don't like where Kartana is going to go when it comes to the metagame. While its current A+ status is showing itself, it is not the greatest sweeper, and while fast and physically bulky, is very specially frail. The high attack is worth complimenting, as Gigaliths and Muks have fallen to Kartana's will, but every so often, a special attacker will come and be rid of it very, very quickly, giving it no chance to retaliate. It will fall, let me assure you, but it won't fall lower than A-.

Ninetales-Alola: I'm particularly referring to the Aurora Veil Ninetales. It just feels like it may get into A+ tier if there's barely any Defogs around, but Fini and yes, even Kartana has gotten very common these days, and both of them can wipe out Alolan Ninetales very quickly. However, if those mons couldn't learn Defog, Alolan Ninetales could definitely find a higher place on this list. I don't think it should go any lower than where it is now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokemon VGC 2017 Tier List (Always Current) - by PhazontheGreat - Feb 3, 2017, 08:22 AM