Poll: How optimistic you feel about Competitive Pokemon for Generation 7
Very
Somewhat
Not Sure
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Getting Into Competitive
So notice yesterday one of our long-serving mods Ganon...- I mean Rogue asked a few questions to our discord chat regarding Competitive Pokemon in general. First off, this has nothing to do regarding specifics in the metagames in either Smogon, VGC, or Battle Spot. Want to ask these following questions to you all if know how everyone feels about getting into Competitive Pokemon. No one has to answer everyone of my questions, maybe select a certain couple from here so I can get a sense how we can improve the Competitive Discussions here for future thread posts as well as interactions. Going to try to keep these Q's simple as possible and will interact with everyone in the thread post. Questions don't have to be essay responses, though the more details, the better idea we'll get.

1. How were you introduced or known about Competitive Mons? Was it reviewing online sites like Smogon, NB, Serebii, etc? Was is a certain "Poketuber" or someone / thing IRL who told you about this?
  2. What's the main reason why you play Competitive Pokemon in general? Basically the endgame goal aside "be the very best". If you don't play competitive, can you explain so. (Here I won't judge too much in everyone's response to this, but will be noted).
  3. Are there any areas you struggle with from Teambuilding, Theorymoning, Battling, Prediction v Rewards, RNG Management, or anything I didn't listed. Essentially to regards to the Competitive Pokemon itself.
  4. Kinda similar to Q2. Are they any issues concerning with Competitive not regarding actual battling itself (Skip if you want).
  5. If there's one thing about competitive Pokemon that will make it "accessible", what its it?
  6. Final Question: How optimistic you feel about Competitive Pokemon for Generation 7? Yes the poll, though people can just say their feeling about competitive for this gen. Obviously we are only 3 weeks in Gen 7, but like to ask still.

If anyone wants clarification regarding the questions, then I'll answer. Remember this is completely optional, but any comment is appreciated. Note everyone here is open to dialogue, but please be respectful about each others opinions regarding any "view" of Competitive Pokemon. Well that's all and have a great day :D

Messages In This Thread
Getting Into Competitive - by Black117 - Dec 10, 2016, 01:46 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Marcusube - Dec 10, 2016, 05:15 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Vinnie - Dec 10, 2016, 07:30 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by croissant - Dec 10, 2016, 09:24 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Black117 - Dec 10, 2016, 09:25 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by yugiohtrav12 - Dec 10, 2016, 09:29 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by GingerxPug - Dec 10, 2016, 11:15 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by hyunwoo0124 - Dec 10, 2016, 11:44 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Chawizawd - Dec 11, 2016, 01:49 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Neffi - Dec 11, 2016, 04:30 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Marcusube - Dec 11, 2016, 05:37 AM