Poll: How optimistic you feel about Competitive Pokemon for Generation 7
Very
Somewhat
Not Sure
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Getting Into Competitive
How i got into competitive pokemon is honestly from finding this community. I was scrolling through twitch one day and found thereplayflynn where people were chatting battling and trading (#TEAMREPLAY). When i got into it more i made new friends in this community who helped me a lot, @"MudkipLegend" , @AbruptFury , @Marcusube , and @Black117 to name a few. It's because of them that i took and interest in pokemon. As i started growing as a player i wanted to learn more so i watched channels on youtube like Aaron zheng and Alex Ogloza. Those channels also helped me progress in my skills as a battler and a team builder.

The reason i got into playing competitively is because it's just straight up fun. There's nothing really else to say. Yes there is the occasional hax that can really put someone down, but in the end knowing that you built a team and win with it is an amazing feeling. The whole pokemon community not just this one is filled with amazing people, who are willing to help you learn more about the game and get better. I play other games such as League of Legends, the player and fan base of that game is super toxic and i can't stand it sometimes. That's why i play pokemon. When i'm feeling down ill grab my DS and play a few games on battle spot, or go on showdown and try out some crazy sets and new mons that haven't really seen much play. The biggest reason i play is because i got to meet new people, made a lot of new friends, there's nothing better than bonding over a game you both have a great time playing.

I'm super excited for this upcoming season. It's been a while since i've been on the forums but most people who remember me know that i like using interesting mons and trying out things that many people wouldn't think of because it isn't "meta." Since this new season there is a lot of new mons that came out in Gen 7 i'm ecstatic about trying out. That gave me the drive to play more in this season because of the fact i like going "off meta" so too speak, which is what i can do because there isn't a set meta yet. I can't wait to see how this season turns out!
The Resident Duelist of PokemonForever    

VGC enthusiast!
                                                                                   The Yugi Moto of pokemon

Messages In This Thread
Getting Into Competitive - by Black117 - Dec 10, 2016, 01:46 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Marcusube - Dec 10, 2016, 05:15 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Vinnie - Dec 10, 2016, 07:30 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by croissant - Dec 10, 2016, 09:24 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Black117 - Dec 10, 2016, 09:25 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by yugiohtrav12 - Dec 10, 2016, 09:29 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by GingerxPug - Dec 10, 2016, 11:15 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by hyunwoo0124 - Dec 10, 2016, 11:44 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Chawizawd - Dec 11, 2016, 01:49 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Neffi - Dec 11, 2016, 04:30 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Marcusube - Dec 11, 2016, 05:37 AM