Poll: How optimistic you feel about Competitive Pokemon for Generation 7
Very
Somewhat
Not Sure
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Getting Into Competitive
  • How were you introduced or known about Competitive Mons? Was it reviewing online sites like Smogon, NB, Serebii, etc? Was is a certain "Poketuber" or someone / thing IRL who told you about this?
It was the rise of M-Ray that got me into Competitive play. At the time I had no idea what Smogon even was, but when AG formed, I just had to know what this was all about.
  • What's the main reason why you play Competitive Pokemon in general? Basically the endgame goal aside "be the very best". If you don't play competitive, can you explain so. (Here I won't judge too much in everyone's response to this, but will be noted).
Analyze the metagame and see which mons stand out amongst all others, particularly in VGC. It's why I play Showdown more than anything, after all.
  • Are there any areas you struggle with from Teambuilding, Theorymoning, Battling, Prediction v Rewards, RNG Management, or anything I didn't listed. Essentially to regards to the CompetitivePokemon itself. 
I think I struggle with building a team that can win against most matchups and includes top-notch mons. Like, a 90% winrate team, not a 70% winrate team.  
  • Kinda similar to Q2. Are they any issues concerning with Competitive not regarding actual battling itself (Skip if you want).
Salty players that make up the majority of the community. Heck, even I'm to blame. I get hot-headed a lot when I'm on a losing streak and I say lots of things that I don't really mean to. (And I always change my team somehow after I do that every time.)
  • If there's one thing about competitive Pokemon that will make it "accessible", what is it? 
It's the variety. I personally think that there are a lot of team combinations that can take the worst mons and make them shine like Mega Diancie in Primal Groudon's Sun, and that's what I look for when it comes to my teams. 
  • Final Question: How optimistic you feel about Competitive Pokemon for Generation 7? Yes the poll, though people can just say their feeling about competitive for this gen. Obviously we are only 3 weeks months in Gen 7, but like to ask still. 
Personally, I wanted to select "somewhat" at first because of the plethora of sluggishly slow mons introduced in SM, but after seeing how they can combine well with the viable mons in past generations, my choice changed a lot afterwards. I chose "very".

Messages In This Thread
Getting Into Competitive - by Black117 - Dec 10, 2016, 01:46 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Marcusube - Dec 10, 2016, 05:15 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Vinnie - Dec 10, 2016, 07:30 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by croissant - Dec 10, 2016, 09:24 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Black117 - Dec 10, 2016, 09:25 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by yugiohtrav12 - Dec 10, 2016, 09:29 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by GingerxPug - Dec 10, 2016, 11:15 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by hyunwoo0124 - Dec 10, 2016, 11:44 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Chawizawd - Dec 11, 2016, 01:49 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Neffi - Dec 11, 2016, 04:30 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Marcusube - Dec 11, 2016, 05:37 AM