Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] VGC Team (the first one failed badly, so I try again)
Hey guys!
With my first team being a pretty big flop, I started working on a new one, throwing the whole trickroom thing over board.
to start things of I looked over all the megas available and found myself wanting to get that mega-glalie going, so I started building around it.
It is working very well on showdown, as well as being a whole lot of fun to play with from time to time, so Im quite happy with it by now, but still feel that some things might have to be changed/improved.
So this is what I got right now:

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Return
- Protect

The mega that started everything off, started with a mixed one with ice beam but switchted to return since its far more powerful with the 252 att ev and the refrigerate its ice as well, protect to get into mega safely, EQ for coverage (ice+ground is quite nice for coverage) and explosion for massive damage to anything if death is near anyways or if its job has been done.

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 HP / 84 Def / 180 SpD
Careful Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Yawn
- Grass Knot/U-turn

My dual screener.
244 HP to get to a leftovers number, the rest spread for maximum bulk with a decent physical defense, yawn to create some pressure, not sure wether to go with grass knot or u-turn though, but since I have no real water coverage and uxie is pretty light grass knot should be working right?

Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Snarl
- Foul Play

The physical defensive counterpart for uxie, mostly supportive with tailwind, snarl and foul play as stabs plus their working wonders against either physical or spacial attackers, and taunt to shut down of opposing supports which i otherwise couldnt with no other taunt on the team.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 Att / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Bullet Punch
- Shadow Ball

Special lucario with bullet punch for priority especially against fairy types still some decent damage, possible mega. Mega lucario with adaptability is hitting hard, and even normal lucario with "no real item" if not going mega still does tons of damage is hitting super effective. not quite sure about the spread though, might be redone with a bit lesser speed. I dont know whom i outspeed and by how much right now, possibly going down in speed, even if just by 8 or 12 points, but still, a bit more damage on the bullet punch.

Togekiss @ Expert Belt
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dazzling Gleam
- Aura Sphere
- Protect

The second special attacker, the spread allows me to outspeed mega swampert and ludicolo in rain if tailwind is up by 2, the rest is invested in Hp for bulk.
I like the sets coverage but im not sure about the item.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Ev and nature are typical offensive garchomp i think. I chose EQ as strong stab and since it should replace Glalie as physical attacker if glalie doesnt fit the situation it also gives quite the same coverage. Rock slide for Talonflame and other flying type since the fling coverage depends on glalie ice type moves which would be gone the same way as its EQ with garchomp replacing it as physical attacker. I chose Poison Jab over a dragon type move to get some fairy coverage if i play togekiss/garchomp  instead of lucario/garchomp, since togekiss has no very effective attack for fairy types but covers dragons. If I would play Lucario/garchomp though i would be missing dragon coverage if i dont bring togekiss or glalie, so im not quite sure about this.

Now its your turn, give my your thaughts on the team and maybe you can answer some of my questions.
Thanks in advance, TheNukeGamer!

Messages In This Thread
VGC Team (the first one failed badly, so I try again) - by TheNukeGamer - Feb 23, 2015, 01:14 PM