Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Your most Embarrassing Pokemon Moment
I have a few funny stories.

In Generation 2 (either in Silver or Crystal) I reset the game twice because I couldn't figure out what to do (and the sad thing was, these weren't my first playthroughs.)
One time, it was right before the 7th gym, and I couldn't figure out how to move the old man from in front of the Gym. I thought it was a glitch and restarted. The other time, I tried entering the Dragon's den, and I thought the only way to get past the man in front of the cave was by raising only dragons, so I restarted to try getting all dragons. To this day, I still don't know what I was thinking.

Also in Generation 2, during my several playthroughs, I always fought Jasmine before Chuck. I wanted to get Ampharos's medicine back as soon as possible and it never crossed my mind to challenge the gym before I went back to Olivine.

In my first playthrough of Emerald, my though process for building a team was bringing Pokemon that weren't weak to the Gym I was facing. I caught a Sableye early in Granite Cave, and since it had no weaknesses in Generation 3, it pretty much never left my team. As a result, my Sableye was the highest level Pokemon of the playthrough at Level 50, even higher than my starter, which was a Treeco. To this day, it is still a Grovyle, and I haven't evolved it into a Sceptile yet, even though it is level 35.

In that same playthrough, when I climbed Sky Pillar, my team got destroyed on the climb up. I don't think I could use repels then since my team was so underleveled. When I finally made it to the top, I only had one strategy to beat Rayquaza, which was hope it used Rest and have my Swellow use Endeavor. If that didn't happen, I coudn't win. Once I did catch him, he was pretty much the only Pokemon I used for the rest of the game.

As a side note, I expected the layout of Sky Pillar in ORAS to resemble its original counterparts. Boy was I wrong.

In Pearl, I loved the underground, and I would spend hours just going there and digging for things. I was too distracted by by playing in the underground to even think about the Gym.

Finally in X, I found a shiny Gabite in a friend safari. I knocked it down to 1 health with False Swipe, and then the Gabite used Take Down and killed itself. I was pretty salty about that, so I caught another shiny Gabite and named it Kamikaze because of that.

Well, that's all I can think of. Hopefully, this got a few laughs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your most Embarrassing Pokemon Moment - by GiMYz - Aug 22, 2015, 05:22 PM
RE: Your most Embarrassing Pokemon Moment - by Amber - Sep 13, 2015, 12:10 PM
RE: Your most Embarrassing Pokemon Moment - by Middo - Sep 19, 2015, 03:30 AM
RE: Your most Embarrassing Pokemon Moment - by Craftsman42 - Dec 19, 2015, 09:03 PM
RE: Your most Embarrassing Pokemon Moment - by Frost - Dec 19, 2015, 11:27 PM