Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Your most Embarrassing Pokemon Moment
Oh god, I'm remembering even more because of you people... Just kill me now,

Long ago, when the very first set of trading cards came out, everyone suddenly had them. I wanted them, too, so I collected my allowance, went to the local toy store, and bought... A pack of knock of cards. Cards that just had pictures of the pokemon. No attacks on the cards, no energy cards, just... Simple cards with a picture of a pokemon.

After a while, I did eventually get the TGC cards. I ended up with a shiny Zapdos. *Shiny as in, it had a glittering background*. Some girl I met on a vacation had Pokemon cards too. But she had an Electrode card that was way different then the ones I had seen up to that point. I traded my shiny Zapdos for it. Turns out that that Electrode was a fake.

I actually thought Pikablue was a thing. This was before Gold and Silver were released. A random magazine got their hands on some early concept art for Marill, and they were convinced that that was some super rare Pokemon that you could catch in Red/Blue. I tried for weeks, man....

I thought the new types *dark and steel* where a hoax. Because that same magazine said so. So... When I finally got my hands on that japanese Pokemon Silver floppy, I simply didn't think that was a thing. Jasmine's Steelix made me quit playing that floppy because of it.
Suffice to say, that magazine does not exist anymore. Also, for some reason, dark and steel still feel like they're *new* types to me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your most Embarrassing Pokemon Moment - by GiMYz - Aug 22, 2015, 05:22 PM
RE: Your most Embarrassing Pokemon Moment - by Amber - Sep 13, 2015, 12:10 PM
RE: Your most Embarrassing Pokemon Moment - by Middo - Sep 19, 2015, 03:30 AM
RE: Your most Embarrassing Pokemon Moment - by Frost - Dec 19, 2015, 11:27 PM
RE: Your most Embarrassing Pokemon Moment - by LordZoeten - Jan 17, 2016, 08:26 PM