Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

New To VGC, need halp
Hello there good people of the internet, I am here because I want to get into the whole VGC doubles... thing. I come from the smogon lands, and I only understand singles.

I normally like to play 6v6 singles, but it isn't supported at all so I always end up frustrated when I bring a vgc legal team just to find out my opponant has 6 arceus. So, I figured why not learn how to play doubles, where the format is greatly supported, and I'll never have any trouble finding a match. My only problem is I don't have a.. team for doubles. I currently have the 2 pokemon that I'd bring in case of a certain thing happening (them being a heliolisk and toxicroak, because politoed and ludicolo bother me that much). A quick note, I unfortunately already caught all the legendaries in my oras copy, so now I can not get a decent legitimate landorus or thundurus. But I don't liek them anyway so at least I have that going for me.

So far, I'd decided the first pokemon I'm going to use for my main 4, is going to be a mega gyarados. I'm going to make it a bulky dragon dancing mega gyarados with water fall and earthquake. But I have no clue how to support him with anything, or why this specific thing supports him, and from what. This is a thing I need help with because I am just stuck completely. I know the common things I'll find (genies, heatran, megam awile) I just don't know what to use with gyarados and of course the toxicroak and heliolisk. Any help would be apreciated. Extra thanks if you can keep the numbers and super mlg qwikscope talk to a minimum? I want to get into VGC, and not tjfRekt all the time. That isn't fun.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?

Messages In This Thread
New To VGC, need halp - by w2gMk - Oct 4, 2015, 10:53 AM
RE: New To VGC, need halp - by Jetman99 - Oct 4, 2015, 11:23 AM
RE: New To VGC, need halp - by w2gMk - Oct 5, 2015, 10:45 AM
RE: New To VGC, need halp - by Rogue - Oct 4, 2015, 11:52 AM
RE: New To VGC, need halp - by Pokeventurer - Oct 4, 2015, 12:00 PM
RE: New To VGC, need halp - by Shachi - Oct 4, 2015, 12:12 PM