Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Week 19 Meet & Greet - Come and Take a Seat!
"what other games do you like too play?"
"do you like too play?"
"too play"
"too play"
I like too play Spot the Bad Grammar. This time around, @"squeab" is our winner.

*ahem* I like to play all sorts of different games. MW2? Yup. Super Mario Sunshine? Uh-huh. Geometry Dash? Still waiting for 2.1. Puzzle games? Portal 2, Aperture Tag, Portal Stories: Mel, The Turing Test.

Well anyways, I had a question for, well, everyone for this M&G: what blows your mind?
For me, it's humans in general. Culture, language, religion, the indisputably-massive 7.4 billion people that are currently alive, they many political systems, history, and even our connections with other species - it all just blows my mind. I had a more long-winded discussion about this with my dad the other night where I went into brutal detail about all of this and more, and even though I'd already written my every comment to him, it really didn't hit me like a bus until the words came out of my mouth. Think about it - there are 7.4 billion people here on Earth. 7 billion 400 million. Now say that aloud - "there are 7 billion 400 million people alive on Earth." It's crazy talk, but you don't realize the sheer insanity until you say it!

Also, thought experiment: pick your favorite fictional story. Video game, movie, anime, book, doesn't matter. As long as it has exactly a 0% chance to ever happen - absolutely impossible - it counts. Now tell yourself it'll never happen. Hit you like a truck, didn't it? It never truly occured to me that A Certain Scientific Railgun's world will never be ours - I will never be Accelerator, nor will I (in a universe where I am a female) be Misaka - until I said it. It just... it just bums me out. This is why I want scientists to focus part of their attention to virtual reality. I want to be able to transfer my consiousness to a realm where I am the quickscoper on Hightower. A realm where I am the attorney to take on prosecutor van Karma. A realm where I do have the powers of electromastery, or teleportation, or vector control, or whatever. I want to be able to put myself - literally - in the positions of my favorite TV show, anime, and video game characters. A world like that - a world where I can be in a simuation of my fantasies - is the world I want to be alive to see.

*sigh* well that was long. Answers, thoughts, questions, or comments for me? I'm open, just mention me in your post! (Don't just quote me - actually mention me so it shows up on my alerts (which is something @naitre @ChaseInfinity and whoever else needs to get on - quote notices in alerts (make it happen)))

-wundr
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to

Messages In This Thread
RE: Week 19 Meet & Greet - Come and Take a Seat! - by wundrweapon - Sep 17, 2016, 10:28 AM