Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TCG] A Rough Guide to Deck Building
(Dec 14, 2016, 01:10 AM)jouzea Wrote: I played yugioh before I think I got this. Are there any banned cards? Restrictions? Will I be able to believe in the power of cards in Pokemon TCG? I actually did play TCGO but I thought I was only able to play basic decks.

Btw you should add that the monthly pokemon newsletter usually have codes you can use for TCGO. I just notice them a while ago.

The only banned card I know of is this gem of a gameplay destroyer.
[Image: XY4_EN_99.png]

It's banned in all sanctioned tournament play, and on the pokemon tcgo. The only other card I know of that's banned is Imunaki's doduo, which is fairly... useless.
[Image: XY12_EN_112.png]

If it was legal however, many tcg players would be getting rickrolled by me, personally. Smile

Restrictions depend on what format you play. A theme format only allows theme decks, like the default decks you get in the TCGO, while standard allows current XY packs, Expanded allows Black-White and on. Legacy I believe allows the use of all cards ever. Many XY packs however get rotated out of standard, and into Expanded, such as the pokemon trainer card AZ, which is no longer usable in Standard. Confusing? Yes. Easy to find answers? Nope.

In regards to believing the cards, those aren't where the heart of the game lies. The heart of the game... lies in the coins. (pretty sure the coins are weighted for tails 75% of the time)

I didn't know about the pokemon newsletter... I'm going to have to look at that later.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?

Messages In This Thread
A Rough Guide to Deck Building - by w2gMk - Dec 5, 2016, 06:16 PM
RE: A Rough Guide to Deck Building - by w2gMk - Dec 12, 2016, 04:07 PM
RE: A Rough Guide to Deck Building - by Justin - Dec 12, 2016, 05:54 PM
RE: A Rough Guide to Deck Building - by jouzea - Dec 14, 2016, 01:10 AM
RE: A Rough Guide to Deck Building - by w2gMk - Dec 14, 2016, 11:19 AM