Poll: How optimistic you feel about Competitive Pokemon for Generation 7
Very
Somewhat
Not Sure
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Getting Into Competitive

1.         No one actually introduced me. I started playing Pokemon since Ruby version. After being introduced to the world of pokemon simply through curiosity, I only played for the sake of completing the pokedex. I finished the dex through trading with others.(Going to EB games, looking for people to trade with on the weekends...lol) I played up until the 4th Gen. and quickly became tired of the seiries. Then, I made a return in the 6th gen, going full competetive mode due to the introduction of PSS, making online battling easier.
  2.         It is fun. Every game I play, let it be an RPG, or a FPS, it's all about competition. Without competition, I feel most games grow dull; rather quickly. What is the point of shiny hunting/ breeding 5IVs, if you can't show it off to others? I believe online competition and rivalry keeps a game's lifespan long and enjoyable.
  3.         I usually build a simple team, and play to lose. After losing, I make tweaks to cover the weakness that were exposed through those said losses. Sometimes I get really really mad when RNGesus is against me.(Multiple freeze hax from a couple of ice beams...etc...) It is also sometimes very frustrating to build my perfect team, due to the lack of previous generation games(I sold them all), and PkHex. It feels unfair being at a disadvantage because I didn't hack my game to gain certain mons with certain eggmoves, and/or tutor moves. And so, that made me want to move over from Smogon to VGC...
  4.         I believe it is the unification of game rules. This is probably impossible. But the lack of game-rules, Being community made ones, (Especially Smogon) makes it impossible to gain competetive knowledge without going online to google it. It was ridiculous when I spent hours breeding and training my perfect Blaziken(My first bred comp mon), only to be yelled at by someone that it is banned, and that I cheated. That almost threw me off competetive as a whole as it really triggered me. I think the accessibillity of information about the different competetive metas, and modes is the most important part. It is also a complete pain having to breed every generation a fresh batch of comp mons. It was fun breeding at first, but it starts to become a chore...
  5.         I really love the meta-game right now. I used to only play smogon due to the lack of sleep-clause in VGC. But due to the popularity of the Tapus, spore-users and hax-depending users are all blocked out lol. Making it so much more enjoyable and allows many different kinds of gameplay and style. Also, blocking out previous gen mons really make the game fair for both genners, and breeders, as I don't have to worry about tutor moves from previous generations and such. After I get more used to VGC I think it will be goodbye smogon for me. lolol. VGC is so much more interesting than I anticipated, and I am DEFINITELY enjoying it 100%.
@Black117

Messages In This Thread
Getting Into Competitive - by Black117 - Dec 10, 2016, 01:46 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Marcusube - Dec 10, 2016, 05:15 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Vinnie - Dec 10, 2016, 07:30 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by croissant - Dec 10, 2016, 09:24 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Black117 - Dec 10, 2016, 09:25 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by yugiohtrav12 - Dec 10, 2016, 09:29 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by GingerxPug - Dec 10, 2016, 11:15 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by hyunwoo0124 - Dec 10, 2016, 11:44 PM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Chawizawd - Dec 11, 2016, 01:49 AM
RE: Getting Into Competitive - by Neffi - Dec 11, 2016, 04:30 AM