Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TEAM REPORT] A 1st place on showdown team report (Part 1)
Hello there Willem! I don't know if you know me and all but I'm Kiev697 from the twitch chat... you know the guy that just so happen to spam "legends" in his VGC battles. kappa

I wanted to commented on your 'first team' successes for a while now given that you were able to reach the #1 rank on showdown since you posted this so here's my chance. Anyways we pretty much had the same motivation as before, but maybe with different goals and end results so I'll keep this somewhat brief. To be honest, don't bend against the critics who say you are using the same top "12" ( I know they complain about a large margin) Pokemon in your 6 party rotation. What the heck the you expect when high usage of Landorus-T and Thundurus were allowed back in the VGC scene. They are going to be placed high on the ladder teams for a reason given how well both are going to fulfill their as a support and offensive pivot.

Yes the team is powerful and well-crafted by Gengar-Boi and yourself. Sylveon is honest on of the most hit or miss Pokemon in the VGC community since so many people say its bad while others like myself say its great. Frankly Sylveon like any other spread attack works best at applying offensive pressure with its powerful Hyper Voices and coverage attacks from time to time. I feel as though there is so much untapped potential on Sylveon given it has a ton of supportive moves as you mentioned in your analysis and really depends on its role in a particular team. I tried out HP Ice Heatran early this season and it hasn't disappointed me yet given it can check/walls none EQ-Hydro Pump Mega Mence and can eliminate it with an HP Ice at ease. As for the rest of the team, I can say its quite standard but in a way which each fulfill their respective roles. Kang is gonna be the main damage dealer for the team, Thundurus is the main speed control with utility support, Landorus-T the offensive pivot, and Amoonguss the redirection user.

Sometimes people write off standard looking teams thinking these teams are "easy" and "predictable" but they get salty about using to one like this one. Overall a great team you have their Willem so I'm eager to see the team that got you to the 1500-1700.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A 1st place on showdown team report (Part 1) - by Black117 - Jul 13, 2015, 02:21 AM