Poll: About what should be my next post?
This poll is closed.
How Accurate is Alolan Culture to Hawaiian?
28.57%
4 28.57%
Breeding Q & A: All Your Curiosities Answered!
50.00%
7 50.00%
You Got Me...I'm Addicted to World of Warcraft!
21.43%
3 21.43%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] 0kamii's Top 5 Shiny Hunting Pokémon!
[Image: Lz5Ay0mumqVTJwaTJTsQ9Qb2fTpQDjxgOUSK-rat...31-h707-no]
Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, back with a rather clutch repost. Gees, by one vote too.

In case you didn't see the last post, the clear winner was going to be "Battle 0kamii's OU Minun Team," but when I went to check the poll this morning, the one about Shiny hunting pokémon pulled ahead by one point. So, I guess that means I'm doing this one instead. Don't worry, I'll still make that post, I'll just do it a different day. In case you haven't realized, I recycle all of my posts. But anyhow, I'm not going to complain about getting to share which pokémon I use for Shiny hunting. I've been doing it since late 2015, and I've amassed a grand total of 116 Shinies over five games and various different methods. This includes Chain Fishing, Random Encounters, Repelled Encounters, Horde Battles, S.O.S./Ally Chaining, Soft-resets, and my favorite method, Masuda method breeding. Obviously. Some pokémon work better for certain hunts than others, but for today I'd rather keep things simple with some of the best overall. At least in my opinion. No honorable mentions today, we can jump straight into the list!

0kamii's Top 5 Shiny Hunting Pokémon!

5) Lileep
Lileep

This first entry I'm going to keep short because it's one of the methods I use the least. When Chain Fishing was first discovered, I thought it was a bit too easy and I didn't want to be handed Shinies just like that. I preferred to work for mine a bit more. But the few Shinies I did find by Chain Fishing, Lileep was my Suction Cups user because of how readily I have Fossil Pokémon available. Octillery would work here too, as would Malamar, but Lileep was just the one I used most frequently. In fact, I even nicknamed my Shiny hunting Lileep 'Fishing Hook.'

4) Talonflame
Talonflame

I mentioned earlier that the Masuda method is my favorite form of Shiny hunting, as for two reasons. One, I'm a full-time breeder, so hatching eggs comes naturally to me, and two it let's me customize the Shiny any way I want. That may be for recreationals, VGC, or for a friend, but having a pokémon with Flame Body in the party doubles all hatching times and really speeds up the process. Volcarona would also work in this place if you have one, but Talonflame is just easier to find. If you want one, fly to Wela Volcano Park or Route 8 and find a Fletchling/Fletchinder. Evolve it, and you have yourself an incubator. Also, just to break the theme of the post, I've tried using a Talonflame in VGC this year...didn't work out too well... Undecided

3) Raichu
Raichu

Any astute reader of my Electric Mouse post: → (http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-DISCUSS...k%C3%A9mon), could've seen that my love for Raichu would eventually bleed into another post. Everyone has that go-to Thunder Wave pokémon, and for me, that's Raichu. All of the Friend Safari Hunts I do involve me placing a fainted, Synchronize Ralts at the front of my party, followed up by Raichu with Thunder Wave to instantly paralyze the Shiny upon discovery. It's Speed is also quite useful in the Friend Safari because everyone is Level 30, but then I suppose any pokémon with Thunder Wave could outspeed the pokémon in the Friend Safari with enough levels. It also gets Nuzzle in case you need chip damage, as well as Fake Out for those pesky Legendary hunts.

2) Smeargle/Gardevoir/Exeggutor-Alola
Smeargle Gardevoir Exeggutor-alola

These three are sharing a spot because they all do the same thing, it just depends on what pokémon you're hunting. Usually, the now widespread Shiny hunting Smeargle with Recycle, Recover, Spore, and Aerial Ace is used to infinitely chain almost any kind of pokémon in the seventh generation. However, there are some cases where you'll want to use a Gardevoir instead. For instance, if you want to chain a Jangmo-o. Since Jangmo-o's only attacking move is Dragon Claw, you can use Exeggutor or Trevenant to Skill Swap it Harvest, then switch into Gardevoir so Trace copies Harvest, and then voila...infinite Dragon-Type chain. I used this technique to chain a Shiny Hakamo-o after 142 allies, and a Shiny Dratini after 411 allies. But again, this is all for Gardevoir. Not that I really need to tell all the experienced Shiny hunters how to use a Smeargle. If you don't though, I'm going to link some helpful videos in the thread below.

1) Breloom
Breloom

Breloom is easily the most useful Shiny hunting pokémon I've ever used. Not only do I use it for Shiny hunting, but just catching things in general is great with a Breloom. Thanks to its massive Attack stat, access to False Swipe and Spore, not to mention that it gets boosted by Technician, Breloom gets the job done in a way no one else does. People often use Parasect for the same role, but Parasect doesn't get Technician. Boosting the power of False Swipe and knocking down powerful Legendaries to size. Here's just a short list of some of the Shiny legendaries I've caught thanks to my trusty Breloom, Kung Fungus: Suicune, Latios, Latias, Cresselia, Dialga, Zekrom, Reshiram, Regirock, and others. Breloom is the best. No one will tell me otherwise.

Ordinarily, this is the part where I'd ask a question and then tag several users asking them the same question, but thanks to user @RetroTyphlosion, I know that that probably won't do much. So instead, I'm going to make a separate post down below with links to those videos I mentioned earlier, as well as the four users I intend to tag today. Thanks for reading everyone, and I'll see you on Wednesday with my VGC analysis of Arcanine! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

i was so early I didn't see the tag!
Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, again, and here's the first of the two videos I promised to share.

Here's the first video!

This one comes from popular PokéTuber aDrive where he goes into detail about how to use and find your perfect Shiny hunting Smeargle in the 7th generation. Enjoy!

As for my question of the day...well, I don't know that many Shiny hunters. So I'm going to ask @LittleFoxS, @MajesticMamoswine, @Corrosion2424, and @TheAlmightySancho. My question is:

Do you Shiny hunt? If so, what pokémon do you use, and in what Gen?

Looking forward to the discussion. Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii

And here's the second video! Enjoy!

User YourFriedBread goes into a big list about what Pokémon he uses for Shiny hunting. It's really in-depth, and there may or may not be some overlap between our two lists!

Have a great one. Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii

@Reis Actually, I didn't tag you today, Reis. But since you're here, I'd still love to know if you Shiny hunt. And if so, what pokémon you use. How about it?

- 0kamii

(Jul 17, 2017, 08:38 AM)0kamii Wrote: @Reis Actually, I didn't tag you today, Reis. But since you're here, I'd still love to know if you Shiny hunt. And if so, what pokémon you use. How about it?

- 0kamii

hah i tagged myself @Reis 

I use a complicated method of getting my purple sundae, Vanilluxe

I have a Hypno with Saftey Goggles, and Switcheroo
I have a Lapras with Hail and way too many Leppa berries
A Scizor with False Swipe

I use Switcheroo on a Raticate in Tapu Village, and switch 
to Scizor and use False Swipe
I switch to Lapras and use hail, this way the raticate wont die from hail, and I can spawn Vanillish
I then use my moves untill I find a shiny, still yet to happen.
When I do find it, I switch back to Hypno and use Switcheroo, so the Raticate then dies on that turn.
I use my Ultra Ball and now I have my grape flavored Snowcone
@Reis

Wow, sounds really complicated. Are you sure it wouldn't be easier just to breed it? You don't need a foreign Vanillish either. Just one of the parents has to be foreign. A foreign male Roggenrola, perhaps?

Not to invalidate your efforts, though. It sounds like you really have this thought through, and I wish you the best of luck finding that grape snowcone! Wink

- 0kamii

@0kamii 
it's more rewarding, the longer it takes the better
@Reis

I can understand that. Especially given that I'm one of the few people that Shiny hunted for a starter at the beginning of Sun and Moon. I know the value of a hard-earned Shiny.

- 0kamii

@0kamii 

Ah, it's been a while!

I do a bit of shiny hunting now and then on S/M. When I'm not being an amateur and using legendaries of varying shapes and sizes, I use various things. Smeargle, Trevenant and Breloom are amongst those. I think, but this is from memory and I have my doubts, I used Butterfree rarely for some reason.

Also, I still haven't obtained a shiny Pyukumuku. I'm beginning to think breeding it would be easier Dodgy

And @Reis , I would recommend breeding for a purple snowcone since normal ones are hard enough to find as it is.

-Sancho
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3