Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Shiny Journal!
You all have no idea how lucky you all are! I've been soft-resting for a Shiny Rowlet since I got the game last Friday. That's 1500+ resets and counting! I know it's just random, but I'd give anything to have my little green owl. You guys had it easy, so be grateful. Or you could all end up as unlucky as me. Sad

Congratulations on the Shiny Alola starters, by the way. I'm sure you're all having tons of adventures in Alola together. I'll join you soon enough.
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

@Kibobo The first shiny I ever caught was in B2/W2, catching your first shiny ever is such an exciting thing (especially if you weren't even looking for one!!!)!

@Dozer Congrats!! I'm currently still at the start of the game SRing for a shiny rowlet :D

@dharcanine Nice dude!! I've never seen a shiny in the older OLDER games :00000

@OGaryOak yea, still going for it right now, it's such a hassle but I'm too far in to just quit without feeling like I wasted a LOT of time XD I'm not even sure, I'm seeing SOOOO many people getting shinies from just RE's, maybe the shiny odds were lowered (or people are just suuuuuper lucky) :0

@TessTales Nice!!!

@Peds That's pretty great luck, dude :0 I'm still hunting after 8 days XD

@alwayswannafly Best of luck to you and your OP pokemon ;9

@KenPhoenixx Lucky!! I'm currently on 1199 SRs for Rowlet ; - ;

@0kamii I'm in the same boat as you, dude. 1199 SRs at the moment, and I have a feeling it's only gonna get worse XD
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!
Sitting on around 150 SRs and no shiny Type : Null Sad

First time I have ever attempted SRing as I prefer horde hunting and chain fishing.

I'm guessing any where between 200 or so SRs is quick?
I just caught a shiny female salandit after 365 SOS encounters!! I'm so happy! :D :D :D

She has a naughty nature, 4 Perfect IV's into HP Sp.ATK Sp. DEF and Speed, but decent in attack and defense.

I wish she was timid but I'm not complaining at all haha.  When I'm feeling brave enough to breed for stats on a shiny, then I'll worry about it lol.  I have a perfect timid male salandit but I'm dreading the reduced chances of the shiny being female :P

Can't wait to evolve her~ Heart
Today was my first hunt in Sun/Moon, as I was focused on the story first.
Anyway, I got a Shiny Stufful after 92 SOS encounters  :P :P :P
Oh, my Golden Red Teddy Panda Bear !   Heart :D

EDIT : .... well... one minute after I posted this message... A Shiny Pikipek appeared !  Angel AngelAngelAngelAngel (141 SOS encounters)
@Confide yah that 2:30-2:45 cutscene is brutal i know the feeling once you have put that much time into it you just have to keep going, i believe in you eventually you will get it ! I just finished up alolan dex and am now working on MMing for a shiny popplio but in all honestly im not a huge fan of the next generation seems very lacking in content and alot like a filler more than half of the dex is repeats and just obnoxiuos to have to re-catch/re-evolve all for the sake of having better odds before i can transfer in my living dex in jan :s  
i honestly wish i would have had patience to SR for a shiny starter because you are better off trying to squeeze as much utitlity out of the small 
amount of content generation 7 has to offer

im already back to ORAS and X & Y duel hunting

GameFreak got shiny hunting right in those generations. gen 7 shiny hunting is meh.
Check out my Shiny Journal to share you own shiny adventures 
and see my new shiny pokemon!
after a little attitude adjustment i tried my luck on west side of lush jungle 

774 Random Encounters and this lil beauty shows up  :D

[Image: comfey.gif] 
ermagahd   i was going for worlds first Shiny Oranguru
but i was more than suprised and incredibly happy with the other 5% encounter chance in that area !!  

It also has Triage  Heart   Shes Perfect 

I hope to hear of your shiny starter success Soon! 

and as always 
may the shiny odds be even in your favor  Cool
Oh man. I am honestly thankful my sister and I didn't end up SRing for a Shiny Starter in the end. Good luck to you all. 

My sister encountered a shiny Pichu randomly while looking for a Pikachu. She evolved him into a Raichu, and gosh darn it the Alolan-Shiny Raichu is just amazing!
[Image: raichu-alola.gif]
I'm hoping to hunt for one in the future, but for now I am preparing myself to hunt for a Sandygast hunt, as I just LOVE the shiny colors, but am not as big of a fan of the SOS hunting method. (But I told myself I would hunt Sandygast with the SOS method).
I've also been hunting a shiny Purrloin with Masuda Method on and off, stopping for Sun/Moon and waiting until Bank opens again. I've hatch about 2,000 eggs now, and I am super sad about it. XD Mainly because I feel like I mistakenly released a shiny Purrloin without realizing it. ;A;

Good luck on everyone's hunts. Congrats on all the shines that have been caught, and hope you all have an amazing day. Remember to keep you head high, and a big smile. 
Thanks to everyone who's been commenting on this post and keeping it alive while I've been gone! A really big tragedy has happened to me and my classmates recently, so that's one of the reasons why I've been absent for so long. I'm still hunting for rowlet (2.8K+ SRs at the moment, going to stop at 3K and just use a female one), so hopefully I can get it soon!!

@TheShadowKnight Yes! I usually think anywhere from 0-999 SRs is fairly quick!

@Vyaelra Nice!! I hate MM, so breeding for IVs/stats.... I don't think I could do it XD

@Huntaari Stufulf or whatever it's name is is going to be the first shiny I SOS for (hopefully, either  that or dratini), but congrats!!

@OGaryOak Yea, once I get the regional dex for S/M I'm gonna work on getting a shiny dex in that and probably go back to duel hunting with starters in SS. Congrats on the shiny!

@ShinyMisty I honestly was to MM for a glameow, I love the shiny evo line for it :3 Congrats on your sister's luck and hopefully you can get your shiny soon!

Just a reminder to you all, games are fun, but real life is important too. Make sure you hug your friends, tell your parents or siblings you love them, and never be afraid to ask for help when you need it. Things can get scary and stressful growing up, but there will never be a time where you are helpless. Cherish life.  Heart
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!
(Dec 9, 2016, 07:17 PM)Confide Wrote: Thanks to everyone who's been commenting on this post and keeping it alive while I've been gone! A really big tragedy has happened to me and my classmates recently, so that's one of the reasons why I've been absent for so long. I'm still hunting for rowlet (2.8K+ SRs at the moment, going to stop at 3K and just use a female one), so hopefully I can get it soon!!

@TheShadowKnight Yes! I usually think anywhere from 0-999 SRs is fairly quick!

@Vyaelra Nice!! I hate MM, so breeding for IVs/stats.... I don't think I could do it XD

@Huntaari Stufulf or whatever it's name is is going to be the first shiny I SOS for (hopefully, either  that or dratini), but congrats!!

@OGaryOak Yea, once I get the regional dex for S/M I'm gonna work on getting a shiny dex in that and probably go back to duel hunting with starters in SS. Congrats on the shiny!

@ShinyMisty I honestly was to MM for a glameow, I love the shiny evo line for it :3 Congrats on your sister's luck and hopefully you can get your shiny soon!

Just a reminder to you all, games are fun, but real life is important too. Make sure you hug your friends, tell your parents or siblings you love them, and never be afraid to ask for help when you need it. Things can get scary and stressful growing up, but there will never be a time where you are helpless. Cherish life.  Heart

Wise Words From a Brilliant Perspective
my condolances to you during these hard times 

Cherish LIfe indeed  Heart