Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Shiny Journal!
I remember that my first shiny was a Geodude I found randomly in Pokémon Pearl, I didn't know what was a shiny (I was 8 XD) but I catched it 'cause it looked different than a normal Geodude and I called it "DORADO", which means golden (shiny Geodude is like gold) in Spanish. I was so afraid of evolving it and lose its color so I didn't do it. XD
╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
Sorry for bad English.
(Sep 25, 2016, 11:59 AM)Diegopj7 Wrote: I remember that my first shiny was a Geodude I found randomly in Pokémon Pearl, I didn't know what was a shiny (I was 8 XD) but I catched it 'cause it looked different than a normal Geodude and I called it "DORADO", which means golden (shiny Geodude is like gold) in Spanish. I was so afraid of evolving it and lose its color so I didn't do it. XD

The first shiny I ever saw was in Emerald, I don't remember what it was (wailmer I think?? It was a water type), but I thought shinies were a glitch so I turned my game off and then freaked out because I hadn't saved in a while ( 휴ㅅ휴) The second shiny I found was in Diamond, a ponyta nearby the daycare center. I didn't know what shinies were still but I was surprised to find a BLUE PONYTA so I tried to catch it, and right after I threw a pokeball my DS died (╯︵╰,)

My third shiny encounter was finally successful, though! I was on my way to the E4 in B2/W2 and found a shiny lilligant. I still have that pokemon and it was my first shiny EVER, and after that when X/Y came out I started shiny hunting constantly. Sadly, I had to trade away a lot of my shinies in X/Y to complete the dex, but it gave me the shiny charm so... I still miss my shiny slurpuff and aromatisse (and pretty much every pokemon that could be chained on the radar on route 7 LOL), but I'm gonna try to chain them back and MM spritzee again. ヽ(●゚´Д`゚●)ノ゚。

Shiny hunting has really kept my interest in pokemon though, it's what keeps me playing just about everyday because there's always a chance for a shiny, and SO many ways to catch them!!! (ღ´∀`ღ)
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!
Just finished hunting for Sewaddle. Took a while but finally got him. Twenty Encounters later I get my Shiny Pooch.  :D

Next hunting for Staryu. I hate hunting for sea encounters becuase of the speed up. I have to break my chain every 4 times.  Sad
Oh oh can i join? Imma share my experience

Caught a shiny tentacool while surfing somewhere in kalos region, love that greeny thing on his head. Squidward and I entered a tournament where we lost magnificently.

Barring the shinies i got from trades, mostly wonder trades, the shinies i got afterwards came from breeding.

I bred a shiny chimchar under 40 eggs. I was so hyped. Oyoy is never evolving cos pink chimchar is cute.

I was breeding a shiny charmander with 5IVs to be a charizard x and i had like 3000+ eggs hatched. I managed to hatch 3 golden charmanders (i think) they didn't have the IV's though, so i gave one to my bro, my friend, and the other I put up in adoption here in pokemonforever. After breeding for a month, i discovered this time machine method and tried it. I got my 5IV Sabo under 50 tries with this method.

I accidentally bred a two shiny pidgeys as well, gave one to my bro, the other i kept.
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

@jouzea Wow, you have immense luck with MM but lol squidward is such a perfect name for a shiny tentacool (¬ 。¬ )

To be honest I can't stand how shiny charmander goes from two gold evolutions to straight black :/ I like the color scheme for shiny charizard, just wish they were all black or gold lol

Goodness though, the most egg hatching I ever did was about 500 eggs for a shiny bulbasaur, never got it and got frustrated so I switched to dratini, about 50 eggs in I gave up and switched to snorunt, got a shiny in seven eggs but was so mad I couldn't get a shiny for dratini OR bulbasaur _(」∠ 、ン、)_

I don't think I'll do MM again for a long while though, probably not until I SR all the legendaries in ORAS to catch 'em as shinies.

@youngtomlin I want to catch a shiny sewaddle in the future, I really do like grass shinies the most out of every type :0 I've never tried sea encounters besides chain fishing, but I would like to get into underwater dexnaving and dexnaving in general because I'm still super confused about it XD
@Confide I did the time machine method which is like an advance MM, JFlynn have a video of it somewhere in youtube. I think I'll have fun hunting for shinies in the wild, but IVs has a higher priority to me than shininess, well except for those with epic shinies, then their shininess is a must. Also thanks for reminding me of shiny dratini i need to breed for a pink one. I didn't even know you can SR the legendaries so they can be shiny. I SR them to have good IVs and nature, I can't imagine the effort of waiting for a shiny one. If you're making a shiny living dex through natural means (no trading) I salute you (-_-)7
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

@jouzea I'm nowhere near having a shiny living dex yet, but I think that'd be something I'd like to accomplish in the future! Yea, the main legendaries are shiny locked, but all the ones you encounter on your own are free game (already caught about 4 of them, got a long way to go). Best of luck on your shiny dratini journey, I'll probably chain fish for a dratini or dragonair (˘⌣˘)7
Even though this guy is kinda annoying. I found this guide that I thought was good. 

@youngtomlin He sounds like that guy who makes all those jello-soda bottle molds LOL but thank you! This was actually really helpful!
No problem. Glad you helped. If you need help don't be afraid to PM!  Smile