Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Player Search System (PSS) over Festival Plaza?

[Image: PSS_screen.png][Image: PSS_menu_1.jpg][Image: PSS_menu_2.jpg]
X/Y's and ORAS's Player Search System (PSS)

Festival Plaza has a lot to offer for in game, competitively, and other extras. The game still missing something. They really need to bring back the Player Search System (PSS). It was first featured in the X/Y series and and continued in the ORAS series. It's pretty convenient and simple to use locally and online. In SuMo, Quick Link maybe useful for local use. For online, I need to goto the Festival Plaza. Going into the Festival Plaza first is like an extra step to get connected onlne. I find it annoying to connect and disconnect everytime I need to enter or exit the plaza. It should of been separated as an additional feature instead. I miss how if I need to wait for a request for a battle or trade, I could just still play the game to kill time instead of idling in the Festival Plaza. What do you guys think?

[Image: p06_02.jpg]
SuMo's Festival Plaza
(Dec 8, 2016, 06:16 PM)Haruna Wrote:

I really liked the PSS I never knew what Shout Out did for half a year after the game. I really felt silly after that, I wish features like this could coexist. Maybe it will return in the next game and hopefully we get Underground back too.
Yeah, it's disappointing that I have to sit in the festival plaza waiting for a trade. Though, it may just be because the game takes up so much memory that it can't handle everything at one.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
Fully agree, I take PSS over Festival Plaza any day
#LillieDefenseSquad
If we didn't have to disconnect from Internet everytime we leave Festival Plaza i wouldn't mind but you actually get disconnected and this doesn't make any sense.
And you can't communicate with players like you used to......l
O
I actually really like the Festival Plaza and would take it over the PSS any day if I could just stay online outside of the plaza.
If the festival plaza allowed me to see everyone on my friends list regardless of whether or not we have been online at the same time, I'd prefer the plaza. Buuut right now I find the plaza to have been a horrible horrible mistake. Worse than confusing pepper spray for a condiment.

I just wanna see my friends mang :L
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
Was going to make a long rant about why PSS is essentially way better than Festival Plaza, though I think everyone kinda gets the idea. Feel like Game Freak over complicate almost everything about the Festival Plaza in every way from the trades to battles. Though its nice to have an online VGC ladder and see our own "Friends avatars" online, don't get why I have to connect and reconnect to the Festival Plaza. Quick Lick as Haruna mentioned is decent, though it like IR connections beforehand. Don't even get me started with the GTS and potential "bans" as players can get "locked" out from trading with others for a certain time. For convince, idk if this is me being picky or whatever, but hearing the a "sound" if the person is contacting for a trade/battle is greatly missed... least for me.

What made PSS so "good" to many players in terms of online is just the simplicity itself. Here's a list of players around the world, acquaintances you've interacted, and friends you'd FC exchanged. Its nice to know that my friend is online, unless you felt like "hiding" such a status. Like players can still interact with each other without the potential of being locked out or constantly logging back in and out of a certain place.

TLDR: The interface of Festival Plaza seems somewhat dull and slightly more complicated to use. Though this is my first impressions of it after doing some trades, but I'd prefer PSS any other day.