Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[IMPORTANT] JFlynn Needs Your Help Revising the Forums
Exclamation 
Hey everyone, now that the forums are starting to take off it's time to do some house cleaning. There are a few changes I'm looking to make by removing/combining some forums.

Please reply with what sections or prefixes you would like to MERGE/REMOVE/ADD. This is not a thread for general site feedback, that is something I will be doing in February.

Here is what I plan on doing soon:

MERGE

• "Friend Safari" gets about one post a day so I'm thinking about merging it with "Trading & Breeding" and changing it to a [PREFIX]
  • "TCG" is pretty much non-existent so I plan on adding it to all the applicable Pokemon sections as a [PREFIX]

REMOVE

• Entire "Smash Brothers" section. It doesn't look like there is enough to discuss in this game without having a large community of serious competitors. If you'd like to talk about Smash Bros, I think the "Other Game Discussion" section with the [3DS] Prefix covers it.
ADD

• "Monster Hunter" Section. I think Monster hunter is a great game that requires you to find friends and work together therefore it might fit well with our community. I think I will be streaming/making youtube vids for this game so it may help develop a following here. Not sure, but might as well try.
Well those are just a few ideas. Please let me know if you agree, oppose, or have some changes of your own.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
"REMOVE

Entire "Smash Brothers" section. It doesn't look like there is enough to discuss in this game without having a large community of serious competitors. If you'd like to talk about Smash Bros, I think the "Other Game Discussion" section with the [3DS] Prefix covers it."

-sobs uncontrollably- ;-;

Edit: If people are interested, I'd love to do character analysis/guides on smash 4. I just really love the game and I play it competitively over Pokemon, and if that would raise the hype in our community I'd be more than happy to do this. But alas, I can't force this. If people aren't interested, i'll deal.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
I'd be interested in that rouge! I've played smash since the n64 version, but only against my brother who always beats me barring one or two games, and I've been trying to get better at smash since the 3ds / wii u versions are out. It would be nice to get some analysis on characters to know their combos and kill moves etc.
Although id love you to make the guides for all the characters rogue I feel it wouldn't be enough to make a dramatic effect on how many people want to play, hmmm I wish there was something we could do :P

But that doesn't mean not do the analysis, I'd still read them and we should battle someday even though I'd probably get my butt kicked ;)
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
KEEP]
Smash Bros Community
I believe (in general) the Monster Hunter community is actually smaller than the Smash Bros community so we should keep the Smash Bros community in its own section. Smash Bros is a good community and I don't believe we should do away with it. Maybe you could revive the Smash Bros spirit in the community by streaming it one day, Justin?

ADD
Town of Salem Community
I think this will take off more when you actually start playing it on stream. Many of the mods such as Hanasumi, Cabbages, Legacy, Br0f3ss0r, Meganchu and members of the community such as Evyii ahd Thewasher19 play Town of Salem almost on a daily basis. It'll be better for members of the community to start Town of Salem in an environment where other members of the community are able to play with them and so they won't be trolled/abused by older members of Town of Salem where something like "omg you don't know how to jail? stupid townies".
[align=center]Started by apeing gates, touching Triforces, and blaming Levi

Now I'm here with a fancy sword, smiling at all the burrito chokes, the blue shells, and the shiny catches.

#JustinSucks
JUSTIN'S CHANGES
Maybe it's because I'm not entirely familiar with the game, but I'm not sure Monster Hunter has enough to it to warrant an entire section. I mean, Pokemon works so well because of how many things you can do with it. Aside from just discussing the game and its hundreds of creatures, we have battling, tournaments, trading, and so on to do.

Of course, just like with the Smash section, it's worth a shot. Worst case scenario, it'll share the same fate as Smash. On that note, it's sort of sad to see Smash go, but it makes sense since it's definitely the least used.

SKARRIC'S CHANGES
Not entirely sure ToS warrants an entire section. Maybe have one well moderated topic stickied to the top of the Other Games section instead? First post should definitely be full of information on the game in general and the second post a list of active players. Then the rest of the thread is discussion like normal. Maybe I'm wrong again though. I don't play ToS or Monster Hunter so I'm not sure how much there is to talk about in those games. ^^;

These are just my thoughts.

Now for my suggestions...

ADD
I made a topic about this in the Staff Lounge but we should have a section for community streamers and youtubers. Right now we can have both music artists and other artists share their work but streamers and video makers don't really have a place. I figure an area called something like User-Generated Content (or something like that) where everyone in the community can share their works. Of course, this runs the risk of just having people come in to advertise their channels and such so we can just require a certain amount of posts or Trusted User status.
I'm the lead developer for the site! (Formerly My Cupcake Money)
[ My Stream | My Pokeradar Thing ]
Let me know if anything comes up~
RIP Smash Section Press F to pay respects Kappa
#TeamForum
LETS GO SOX
(Jan 16, 2015, 06:04 AM)My Cupcake Money Wrote: SKARRIC'S CHANGES
Not entirely sure ToS warrants an entire section. Maybe have one well moderated topic stickied to the top of the Other Games section instead? First post should definitely be full of information on the game in general and the second post a list of active players. Then the rest of the thread is discussion like normal. Maybe I'm wrong again though. I don't play ToS or Monster Hunter so I'm not sure how much there is to talk about in those games. ^^;

(Jan 16, 2015, 05:55 AM)Skarric Wrote: ADD
Town of Salem Community
I think this will take off more when you actually start playing it on stream. Many of the mods such as Hanasumi, Cabbages, Legacy, Br0f3ss0r, Meganchu and members of the community such as Evyii ahd Thewasher19 play Town of Salem almost on a daily basis. It'll be better for members of the community to start Town of Salem in an environment where other members of the community are able to play with them and so they won't be trolled/abused by older members of Town of Salem where something like "omg you don't know how to jail? stupid townies".

I agree with both, but I see the downside to making it a whole section. Apart from that, it's quite impossible to play it in a stream without any other players sniping you and finding out who you are. On the intro, Eeveeli made a thread on the basics and I made another thread with a user list from the thread and also started editing the thread to include some tips on how to play certain roles. I also almost always right on my will, Evyii down Kappa so people I play with know who I am. Oh also, whatever you decide on the Town of Salem subject, you guys could probably move Eeveeli's guide there. right now it's in the pokemon tutorials and guides.
Evyii the Dragonslayer of #TeamForum

I'm back! Mostly playing LoL nowadays though. What is life, but homework and sleep.

I'd say instead of section of each game, we have a "other game of interest" section. Each game in this section got a board, instead of sharing "other games" board.

Edit: Grammar mistake
I agree with what Skarric and My Cupcake Money said in this topic :D

@ Evyii, I actually deleted that guide a while ago because I couldn't figure out where to move it haha :D
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015