Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Is Mega-Garchomp worth it?
Basically I'm wondering if using the mega slot on Garchomp to get the ability Sand Force on it, so long as there is a sandstorm user on the team? Part of what I was thinking was that along with getting an even more killer earthquake with it, it could potentially have a surprise factor.
Remember Mega Garchomp drops speed for power. So faster pokemon with ice moves can easily KO it.
If you can catch some of those pokemon out on the first turn you change with a Rockslide or EQ before the stat changes take place you could very well take them out. His best friends tend to bring Fake Out, Follow Me or Rage Powder to block or eat the ice shots. You won't (ever) out speed a Manectric, but Garchomp can still get in against most others. All in all, it depends on what you want to do. Do you want to run M-Garchomp?
(Jan 16, 2015, 01:02 PM)DropTheGate Wrote: If you can catch some of those pokemon out on the first turn you change with a Rockslide or EQ before the stat changes take place you could very well take them out.  His best friends tend to bring Fake Out, Follow Me or Rage Powder to block or eat the ice shots.  You won't (ever) out speed a Manectric, but Garchomp can still get in against most others.  All in all, it depends on what you want to do.  Do you want to run M-Garchomp?

I was considering it, I've never seen one used, and I figured that an EQ or Rock Slide would be really nasty on one.
I mean you can build around Mega Garchomp if you can get the right components to your team. You can use pokemon that can provide either tailwind, thunder wave, and icy wind support just to help out mega garchomp get the speed jump.
I'd say take a look at Double Team Amoonguss, that pokemon is quite possible the epitome of dirty. Meowstic(^M), Sableye and Weavile are all really good Fake Out users. After that T-tar is pretty much a staple, the build just depends on how you want to run with (special vs physical, Assault Vest vs Protect). I'd say bring in an intimidator and/or a burner for those pesky Play Rough and Dragon Claw users. Telepathy ability or a flyer will help avoid collateral damage from your Earthquakes. Another option would be to bring Safeguard or Aromatherapy. Since you won't be able to bring Lum Berry these are a fair choice.

Quote:I mean you can build around Mega Garchomp if you can get the right components to your team. You can use pokemon that can provide either tailwind, thunder wave, and icy wind support just to help out mega garchomp get the speed jump.
This, can't believe I forgot about Tailwind and Thunder Wave. I need to get something to eat.

Edit: Cresselia as well, Cresselia is... well, Cresselia.
I wouldn't use Mega Garchomp honestly. If you want to, though, I wouldn't try to focus too much on sandstorm and instead worry about speed control. I'd use Tailwind, as that seems to be the most reliable option to boost Mega Garchomp.
Mega Garchomp is a great mega to use but it requires more support than its normal form, however, it comes packed with a whopping base 170 attack stat which pushes holes into opponents teams. Moves like Icy Wind, Tailwind and Thunder Wave make it easy for Garchomp to outspeed the opponent and dish out fatal hits.
[Insert signature here]
(Jan 16, 2015, 12:37 PM)IceyGamer Wrote: Remember Mega Garchomp drops speed for power. So faster pokemon with ice moves can easily KO it.

I agree with this! regular Garchomp is better
#TeamForum

(Jan 23, 2015, 08:10 PM)tygaa2 Wrote:
(Jan 16, 2015, 12:37 PM)IceyGamer Wrote: Remember Mega Garchomp drops speed for power. So faster pokemon with ice moves can easily KO it.

I agree with this! regular Garchomp is better

Not better but it has an advantage with its speed stat
[Insert signature here]