Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Nicknames
So do you guys nickname your Pokemon?
If so, what are some of your favorites nicknames and why did you choose them?

Personally, I don't really nickname my Pokemon but recently got in the habit of doing so. Some of my favorite nicknames that I've named my Pokemon so far are ones that are based on One Piece characters that resemble them. With ORAS around the corner, I'm trying to come up with a team and respective nicknames for them but it's hard. :P
i've nicknamed a couple, my female carchomp that i use competitively is named cynthia as i find it intimidates people when i force them to remember the childhood horror of the gen 4 champion :D
Sometimes I find cool random sounding names for my pokemon like my reuniclus is Goobert but some actually have some meaning behind it like with my kecleon went from super bad luck to super good luck when battling so I named him lucky
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
For my in-game-teams I usually pick a team theme to name them all after. For example I've use Greek Gods, Legend of Zelda, Superheros and others like that
(Nov 19, 2014, 05:16 AM)Hero0ftime Wrote: For my in-game-teams I usually pick a team theme to name them all after. For example I've use Greek Gods, Legend of Zelda, Superheros and others like that

that sound awesome I should do that
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Normally don't name them but when I do, I name them with a name having a meaning close to their type or how they look. (I named one of my torchic's Balerion after Balerion the Black Dread from GoT)
Evyii the Dragonslayer of #TeamForum

I'm back! Mostly playing LoL nowadays though. What is life, but homework and sleep.

I sometimes nickname my pokemon, when I do I usually nicknamed them names of Digimon Tamers. Like if I had a fire type I would name it Tai, psychic types would be named izzy, water types joe, and so on.
I named my Wash Rotom TheWasher KappaHD
#TeamForum
LETS GO SOX
I almost always nickname Pokemon I intend to play with. I normally go for some Google Translate of some word connected to the Pokemon, much like my shiny Weedle I named Suzumebachi, after the Zanpakuto of Sui-Feng from Bleach. Others I name for fun, like Hot Pockets the Heat Rotom. Other times I name them after people, like Dave Gappa the Scrafty, who's named after one of the band members of Hblockx, the band who sung the theme song Gazoline of Sunset Overdrive. I also have a Larvitar named Karok, after the playable character in the MMORPG Vindictus and finally Riza the Solosis who I named Riza for...some reason.
I don't nickname mine, but I love haydunn's nickname for miltank (T!ttymilk) and pinsir (D!ckpinch)