Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Nicknames
Afrodite - Female Bouffalant - 'cuz puns.
Toothtails - Mawile - Like pigtails but, you know,....toothy?
Mahou Shoujo - Gardevior - She has a transformation sequence.
Io - Camerupt - Io is a moon so volcanic that it is constantly turning itself inside out.
Tae Bo - Lopunny - Because she gets fit.
Shinji Ikari - Magikarp - Because both are pathetic.
I nicknamed all my pokemons I used in my ingame team but most of competitive pokemons are unnamed.

Here are some of my best nicknames

GOD (Yea all in caps) the Shiny Magikarp - I trained this thing to level 72 without letting it evolve kappa
Phantomb the Cofagrigus -  Puns, puns everywhere.
MS Paint the Smeargle - hurdur sho original. But I still love it lol
Winter the Azumarill - The white spots on her belly reminded me of snow so yea this happened
Blissdawg the Blissey - You guys don't even know how much I love this name even tho it's probably the stupidest name ever for a Blissey . xD
(Nov 19, 2014, 08:07 AM)Eeveeli Wrote: Blissdawg the Blissey - You guys don't even know how much I love this name even tho it's probably the stupidest name ever for a Blissey . xD

Stealing this :P
I only have two nicknamed

my Roserade is nicknamed Rosey O' Donel

and my Dusclops is Dusty Rhodes
Only one that matters to me lol:
Affection the Misdreavus  Wink
I have a mental problem that dosen't allow me to nickname my pokemon and that they must be default name. And when I break that I can't think of any good names so I name them after food I just ate.
(Nov 19, 2014, 07:58 AM)Joushou Wrote: Afrodite - Female Bouffalant - 'cuz puns.
Toothtails - Mawile - Like pigtails but, you know,....toothy?
Mahou Shoujo - Gardevior - She has a transformation sequence.
Io - Camerupt - Io is a moon so volcanic that it is constantly turning itself inside out.
Tae Bo - Lopunny - Because she gets fit.
Shinji Ikari - Magikarp - Because both are pathetic.

shinji isn't really pathetic he's pretty much how any child would react to being told you are going to pilot the mech where if you get hit its actually will hurt like crazy....
If anything he's the most realistic MC in a mecha I've seen then again the pokemon still fits cuz lets face it magikarp is also the most realistic pokemon....
Infernape- "Fireman", because it's a fire fighter.

BTW, does anyone have good nicknames for the Hoenn starters? With ORAS coming out in two days, I want a cool nickname, but I have never been able to think of one for any of these three.
Hulk-Swampert (specifically mega swampert)
Blaize - blaziken
Rocket - mega sceptile cuz the animation XD
(Nov 19, 2014, 12:45 AM)hikennytran Wrote: So do you guys nickname your Pokemon?
If so, what are some of your favorites nicknames and why did you choose them?

Personally, I don't really nickname my Pokemon but recently got in the habit of doing so. Some of my favorite nicknames that I've named my Pokemon so far are ones that are based on One Piece characters that resemble them. With ORAS around the corner, I'm trying to come up with a team and respective nicknames for them but it's hard. :P

My Omega Ruby Team will be One Piece Themed, and Alpha Sapphire will be Naruto Themed

Here are my names So far for Omega Ruby:
Swampert- Caribou, the Swamp-Swamp Fruit User
Swellow- Pierre, Gan Fall's Bird from Sky-Island
Hariyama- Yokozuna, The Sumo-Wrestling Frog From the Water 7 Arc
Manetric- Enel/Eneru, the lightning "God" of Skypeia
Cacturne- Mescal, A type of cactus from Alabasta that causes hallucinations
Walrein- Islewan, a Pirate Captain that allied himself with Whitebeard during the Marineford Arc that looks like a humanoid walrus