Poll: Would you be interested participating in a "No Legendary Tourney"?
This poll is closed.
Yes
46.15%
6 46.15%
Maybe... depends if I have time.
38.46%
5 38.46%
No
15.38%
2 15.38%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] "No Legendary" Rule Tourney (Thoughts and Ideas)
"No Legendary" Rule Tourney (Thoughts and Ideas)

Are you tired of facing Landorus-T the Hover Cat all the time? Cresselia eating up all the hits till it Moonlight to recover all that damage away? Thundurus swaggering your entire team? Terrakion Rock Sliding your beloved Charizard to death Kappa?

I was considering reviving a old tourney format Eeveeli and Tygaa2 thought of back in early January which banned the use of every "story/mythological" Legendary Pokemon, with the exception of Pseudo-Pokemon (just to clarify, Arcanine, Rotom, and Volcarona do not hold "Legendary" status, regardless what the developers or Pokedex has in mind. Honestly I think its a great idea just to take a break from facing Legendary Pokemon from the VGC 2015 format and have something to what VGC 2014 did to a small degree. The main rulesets will be the same as the VGC 2015 rules, including the pentagon rule, owning a copy of ORAS, the 30 minute timer from Battle Spot, etc. I'm hoping that this helps promote some form of teambuilding by using unique Pokemon instead of using the teams with 2+ Legendary Pokemon in them (I admit I do this a ton Kappa.) So here are the rules:

VGC 2015 rules still appl , except...
The following Pokemon are banned: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Latios, Latios, Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie, Cresselia, Heatran, Regigigas, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Landorus, and Thundurus (Note: Mascot Legends and Event Legends remain banned).

What are everyone thoughts and opinions about having another "No Legends" tourney instead of the regular VGC 2015 ruleset?
I support this wholeheartedly. It removes a whole slew of powerful threats and counters; this will not only change the entire dynamic of the metagame for those non-legends that are currently powerful (Mega Kang, for starters) but also allow some borderline-type guys who got outclassed by resident legendaries to make inroads into the meta. Essentially, the "threat list" will shift, with top-tier non-legends rising even further, and things rising from lower tiers to fill the voids. Cresselia > Musharna, for example, perhaps?
-sandragon13
Be sure to check out my Otaru Regional Fakedex.  Updating regularly with new Fakemon.  Always looking for feedback!
(May 30, 2015, 05:07 AM)sandragon13 Wrote: I support this wholeheartedly. It removes a whole slew of powerful threats and counters; this will not only change the entire dynamic of the metagame for those non-legends that are currently powerful (Mega Kang, for starters) but also allow some borderline-type guys who got outclassed by resident legendaries to make inroads into the meta. Essentially, the "threat list" will shift, with top-tier non-legends rising even further, and things rising from lower tiers to fill the voids.   Cresselia > Musharna, for example, perhaps?
    -sandragon13

Yesss :P

Brace yourselves, Scarfed Garchomp incoming :D
I generally make all my VGC teams without the presence of legendary Pokemon. I'm all up for it Cool
[Insert signature here]
if i have the time i will. Still think this is what vgc15 should have been as its more open to new players than the current format (since the legal way to obtain a competitive legendary is soft reset for days...) + the legendaries outclass so many pokemon and are such huge threats your forced to build around them.

+ i've not had a shred of success since that tourney XD (apparently not using legends in your teams is quite the handicap to overcome Smile)
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
(May 30, 2015, 06:07 AM)Marcusube Wrote: I generally make all my VGC teams without the presence of legendary Pokemon. I'm all up for it Cool

lol me too im all set Kappa
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Sounds like it'll create very different teams, and will be a lot of fun! I'm all for it.
Tbh, I like the idea it brings back memories of that tournament, I would love to return to this format and credit a well, 'VGC14' like team with no legendaries but with a VGC15 Aspect
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad