Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Proven (not confirmed) way to Shiny Chain using DexNav!
I think I'm able to say with some confidence now that the area matters when it comes to chaining. I tried chaining in Fiery Path and also My. Pyre and found it was hard to get Pokemon to appear by using the search feature in smaller areas. I think my earlier hypothesis on why the chain randomly brakes still holds true. It looms like the chain can break if there is not enough areas surrounding you for the Pokemon to appear. It also seems like the Pokemon will never appear close to you or outside of a certain distance. That's all I have for now on the phenomena but keep this in mind while testing and post if you found similar results. Aside from this it seems you can choose to search in or outside of grass but your chain can be interrupted if you move too much from where you had an encounter before searching again. All other information from the opening post holds true for now.
Quote:
The chain can break if there is not enough areas surrounding you for the Pokemon to appear.

I actually had the same experience when chaining, so I think we both may be on to another nuance. I guess you just need multiple patches of medium sized grass for it to work all the time. For some reason, my chain randomly breaks when I use one very large patch though. I'll have to try the one large patch of grass when I continue chaining shiny Pokemon later today.
Will be testing this in Granite Cave soon and will post my results Smile
[Image: 59f69e65eb.jpg]

Shazzam. First legit ORAS shiny.

Found it after my 40th chained encounter. A few other things I found out while watching Twitch streams: You can continue your chain even if another Pokemon pops up before you can hit search. The higher level Pokemon on the chain appear every FIFTH chained encounter. You can get on your bike and the chain cancel. It looks like if you search and don't find the Pokemon, that is not the end of the chain.
(Nov 26, 2014, 10:10 PM)Joushou Wrote:

Found it after my 40th chained encounter. A few other things I found out while watching Twitch streams: You can continue your chain even if another Pokemon pops up before you can hit search. The higher level Pokemon on the chain appear every FIFTH chained encounter. You can get on your bike and the chain cancel. It looks like if you search and don't find the Pokemon, that is not the end of the chain.

Congratz man!!!! I'm really happy for you! I guess the method worked for you!!!!!
I updated the OP with your shiny Pokemon! Hopefully you don't mind.
I'll be chaining in a little bit! Let's see if other users come to the same conclusions as you!
(Nov 26, 2014, 10:23 PM)Jack Wrote:
(Nov 26, 2014, 10:10 PM)Joushou Wrote:

Congratz man!!!! I'm really happy for you! I guess the method worked for you!!!!!
I updated the OP with your shiny Pokemon! Hopefully you don't mind.
I'll be chaining in a little bit! Let's see if other users come to the same conclusions as you!

No, I don't mind. I owe some of these findings to the Twitch streamer Rekcana.
I'm in the middle of chaining right now, Swablu, Route 114, I caught a normal one around 10 to see if it would break & can confirm with Joushou that it doesn't break your chain. I have been stepping outside of the grass before searching just because I think that the grass patch being empty with me not in it increases the chance of a Pokemon showing up, no knowledge or proof, just a shot in the dark. My chain just broke now at 29 for no reason (as far as I know). I only had 100 repels, I soft reset so I could get my money back, only to find out I didn't save before buying repels. I saved before fighting Wallace. Derp. Once I get more PokeMoney I'm definitely going to try some more chaining.
The method has been REVAMPED, and the format has been changed to be more understandable!

Please check it out!
Awesome I'm going to try and go on a hunt right now. If I find a shiny I'll upload it here.
Just thought you all would be interested that Joe updated Serebii with some findings on the DexNav and chaining.

"A lesser known feature of the DexNav is the ability to chain. When you get a hit and encounter a Pokémon, if you capture or defeat it, then immediately afterwards you will be able to search for it again and you are almost guaranteed to find one. If you do this repeatedly, then the chances of getting hold items, hidden abilities, egg moves and higher IVs is increased. The specifics on how much these are increased by is being calculated.

After you have encountered it 5 times, then the base level increases by 1 so Pokémon that would appear at Level 35 now appear at Level 36. This happens every 5 Pokémon in your chain. As your chain increases, the Pokémon will disappear quicker, or in the case of caves and in water, they will move spot very quickly causing you to have to sneak up on them faster and thus increasing the chance of your chain breaking. If you have a different wild encounter during the chain, then it will break. If you run from the Pokémon, then the chain will break."

From: http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasap...xnav.shtml