Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] VGC 2015 Official Rules
The genies are going to terrorize the meta again
Yea I was a little disappointing to see these genies being legal. Now I feel like everyone has to get some standard pokemons to defeat those.

It gives us less chance to be creative with teams imo [Image: emoticon-6943-src-7445830f806bd451-28x28.png]
Well I couldn't get into competitive until now because my ds lite didn't support my internet settings, but it seems like they were pretty big threat... just what I need when I'm trying to get into it haha
(Dec 15, 2014, 05:05 PM)Eckley Wrote: Well I couldn't get into competitive until now because my ds lite didn't support my internet settings, but it seems like they were pretty big threat... just what I need when I'm trying to get into it haha

Psst since you're still here (and i'm slowly thinking about a team) would you like to try a trick room team? (since Mega Altaria is pretty slow)
Yeah I'll try it. I was actually going for the TR approach, but I've never used it so I just stopped haha so then I thought about a DDance one, but I never got around to actually doing anything with it
TR will definitely be strong!
Just watch how VGC13 went. TEAMS HAD NOTHING EXCEPT THE GENIES EVEN IN WORLDS. Now you need a safeguarder and powerful ice pokemon that won't get wrecked by Heat wave Zappy. Then you need a Counter for Zappy which i'm still looking for.
(Dec 15, 2014, 05:51 PM)IceyGamer Wrote: Just watch how VGC13 went. TEAMS HAD NOTHING EXCEPT THE GENIES EVEN IN WORLDS. Now you need a safeguarder and powerful ice pokemon that won't get wrecked by Heat wave Zappy. Then you need a Counter for Zappy which i'm still looking for.

Mamoswine will make a return b/c of this
mega gallie is gona be in a solid spot as well.

I hate the legendary spam since i refuse to use them it was workable in smogon singles dno how i'm gona cope when i have to not only learn Vgc but deal with those Op things again...

Altaria can work with tailwind as well though not just TR, Also i have a couple of TR teams lined up but i'm worried they can't cope since they just won't have the damage to compete with the top tier pokemon...

Edit: Just tempted to go screw this and pull out my own take on the mega swampert rain team like half the people not running mega mence will do.

Edit 2: Just looked up the 2013 finals teams these are the people who didn't use a single legendary and their final positions: 44. Ben Kilby (AU), 31. Matteo Gini (IT) and 21. Jordi Picazo (ES). Just 3 people in the top 47 didn't bring a legendary full stats here for those who are interested http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/masters...013-teams/
(Dec 15, 2014, 05:52 PM)tygaa2 Wrote:
(Dec 15, 2014, 05:51 PM)IceyGamer Wrote: Just watch how VGC13 went. TEAMS HAD NOTHING EXCEPT THE GENIES EVEN IN WORLDS. Now you need a safeguarder and powerful ice pokemon that won't get wrecked by Heat wave Zappy. Then you need a Counter for Zappy which i'm still looking for.

Mamoswine will make a return b/c of this

Can't forget about Sashed/Lum berry Mamo Icicle Spear then Ice Shard as well as Earthquake.

(Dec 15, 2014, 06:03 PM)evilsabre Wrote: mega gallie is gona be in a solid spot as well.

I hate the legendary spam since i refuse to use them it was workable in smogon singles dno how i'm gona cope when i have to not only learn Vgc but deal with those Op things again...

Altaria can work with tailwind as well though not just TR, Also i have a couple of TR teams lined up but i'm worried they can't cope since they just won't have the damage to compete with the top tier pokemon...

Edit: Just tempted to go screw this and pull out my own take on the mega swampert rain team like half the people not running mega mence will do.

Edit 2: Just looked up the 2013 finals teams these are the people who didn't use a single legendary and their final positions: 44. Ben Kilby (AU), 31. Matteo Gini (IT) and 21. Jordi Picazo (ES). Just 3 people in the top 47 didn't bring a legendary full stats here for those who are interested http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/masters...013-teams/

But you get the point that it insane with the amount of legends on the teams? I will always remember sitting in my room watching Arash win it with those legends. Made me lose my mind about how everyone had some form of legend.