Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] First VGC15 team
My first attempt at a VGC team since x/y and I need to know what you think about it. Keep in mind that I'm not the best at team building and sets, this was a team I made with the help of 2 friends the other night. Feel free to suggest different sets or Pokemon that would best fit what I have. Big thanks to Abrupt and Knight for helping me Smile

Update: Adjusted Evs on Thundurus and Heatran

[Image: metagross-mega.png]

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

[Image: thundurus.gif]

Thundurus (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 64 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

[Image: amoonguss.gif]

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 HP / 133 Def / 8 SpA / 133 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Protect
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore

[Image: politoed.gif]

Politoed @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 76 SpA / 100 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Helping Hand

[Image: heatran.gif]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Def / 84 SAtk / 4 SDef / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Protect

[Image: hydreigon.gif]

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
° Replay Mod ° Pokemon Master ° Powersaver/Cloner & Breeder °  

#Hanasomi
 #TeamReplay since January 2014

> Batman <

I'm pretty new to this, too. But honestly, it's not too bad. You have a Pokemon to build around, support, backup support, offensive pressure. Looks good.
(May 18, 2015, 05:13 PM)Hontier Wrote: I'm pretty new to this, too. But honestly, it's not too bad. You have a Pokemon to build around, support, backup support, offensive pressure. Looks good.

Thanks for the feedback Smile

#Hanasomi

> Batman <

I'm pretty new to this, too. But honestly, it's not too bad. You have a Pokemon to build around, support, backup support, offensive pressure. Looks good. But maybe Maybe Meteor Mash instead of Iron Head? I feel like that extra damage is better than more accuracy, but it's up to you! :D
(May 18, 2015, 05:21 PM)Hontier Wrote: I'm pretty new to this, too. But honestly, it's not too bad. You have a Pokemon to build around, support, backup support, offensive pressure. Looks good. But maybe Maybe Meteor Mash instead of Iron Head? I feel like that extra damage is better than more accuracy, but it's up to you! :D

I hear ya on that, I'll probably make adjustments after a few test battles to see what works and what doesn't! Thanks Smile

#Hanasomi

> Batman <

Good team so far leggy, the one thing I can think of is having politoed with drizzle may harm your team more than help you, none of your other Pokemon are benefiting from rain and heatran and hydreigons moves will be less powerful, I would say replace it with another water type, but that's just my advice Wink
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
(May 18, 2015, 05:39 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: Good team so far leggy, the one thing I can think of is having politoed with drizzle may harm your team more than help you, none of your other Pokemon are benefiting from rain and heatran and hydreigons moves will be less powerful, I would say replace it with another water type, but that's just my advice Wink

Its mostly useful to reduce fire damage for amoongus and metagross but I do get what you're saying. Im not sure on who to replace it with

#Hanasomi

> Batman <

(May 18, 2015, 05:55 PM)Legacy Wrote:
(May 18, 2015, 05:39 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: Good team so far leggy, the one thing I can think of is having politoed with drizzle may harm your team more than help you, none of your other Pokemon are benefiting from rain and heatran and hydreigons moves will be less powerful, I would say replace it with another water type, but that's just my advice Wink

Its mostly useful to reduce fire damage for amoongus and metagross but I do get what you're saying. Im not sure on who to replace it with

I'd suggest ludicolo or kingdra if you want to replace heatran with a strong rain mon, and as for hydreigon, you could replace fire blast with flash cannon unless you want to keep the fire move
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
That EV spread on Amoonguss :D 133 is not...right, it wastes EV. But in general i would suggest to use an Assault Vest Ludicolo on that slot, so that you have a fast pokemon in the rain to outspeed Landorus-T and fast threats such as Scarf Hydreigon and Greninja (which are not so popular but they would give problems to your team if you can't Thunder Wave them in time).

Then i would put Leftovers on Politoed instead of Heatran (simply because Leftovers works better with a Substitute Heatran, which is not your case).

Let's talk about Heatran. It deals with Ferrothorn and Scizor, but.. other than that? You have M-Metagross to OHKO both Sylveon, M-Gardevoir and 2HKO M-Mawile, you have Scald users to 2HKO Bisharp (or Earth Power Hydreigon which OHKO it).. so i would use something more functional for this team. Blaziken and Infernape are ideas, but they would add a weakness to Talonflame (shared with Amoonguss/Ludicolo). Blaziken could run Rock Slide to deal with M-CharY in case of a weather war, while Infernape offers Fake Out/Quick Guard support and a boosted Mach Punch. Another possibility is Arcanine for Intimidate + Snarl and W-o-W support or even Entei with Sacred Fire, Snarl and Stone Edge too.

Life Orb Hydreigon usually wants to run Protect (instead of Fire Blast).
I would recommend running Substitute over Ice Punch on Metagross. This build is more based around fast sweeping to you want to keep up the momentum by not getting hindered by Thunder Wave and stat drops from Intimidate.

Why evenly distribute Amoonguss' bulk? It should be EVd to survive specific attacks. A spread like this has you overcompensating/under-compensating on Amoonguss' bulk.

Other than giving you a resistance due to rain, Politoed actually backfires on you since Scald from other opponents hit for way more, you're team not having anything other than Hydreigon and Amoonguss to resist it and the possibility of your opponent getting more turns in on Swift Swim (highly unlikely but still possible). Suicune would work better here.

Substitute makes more sense over Flash Cannon. You have coverage over Fairies and anything you have already hits everything Steel can handle.

You more than likely would want to run Protect on a Life Orb Hydreigon otherwise run a Choice Scarf. In the case you don't have Metagross on the field but the opponent has a Fairy or Fighting type to check you, you're either losing Hydreigon before it makes enough impact or having a team member take unnecessary damage
[Insert signature here]