Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] My first team
This is my first time trying to make a competitive team. I just got into competitive teams so I am not that good at explaning teams Sad.
 However I hope I could get some help in building this team and learn more about team building  Blush

This is my team :

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Play Rough
- Iron Head / Fire Fang
- Sucker Punch / Rock Slide 
- Protect

Mega Mawile is one of the Megas I always wanted to use. So I decided to make a competitive team around it.
I chose a trick room Mawile because it could do some massive damage if it gets the right speed support. So the supportive pokemon I chose was:

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Cursed Body
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD 
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Water Spout
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

I chose this Pokemon because it could deal with groud and fire type and deal with some physical attackers too.
The second trick room user I chose was:

Gothitelle @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Shadow Tag  
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD  
Sassy Nature  
- Psychic  
- Trick Room  
- Helping Hand
- Protect

I had a hard time choosing between Bronzon and Gothitelle because both are good trick room users. I'm not sure if I made
the best choice, but I didn't want to deal with two Pokemon that has a weekness to fire.

My second offencive Pokemon I chose is:

Conkeldurr @ Flame orb 
Ability: Guts 
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 6 Def
Brave Nature  
- Mach Punch  
- Rock Slide  
- Bulck Up
- Drain Punch

I chose this Pokemon simply because I think it would do some massive damage to 
dark and ground types.

The last Pokemon I was thinking of is:

Rotom-Heat @ Life Orb  
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 136 SpA / 20 SpD
Modest Nature  
- Thunderbolt  
- Overheat  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  
- Protect

I thought that Rotom - heat would be good because it has resistance to ground and can 
deal with flying or grass type.

Are there any suggestions for the 6th Pokemon?  And are there any parts that I could fix for a better team?
I would appreciate any help for the improvemet of the team
I would gladly try to rate your team if you gave me the format you are playing it- Smogon tiers? VGC? Also, you could use some more descriptions, but I understand it can be hard for beginners. Here is a link to something that could help you while making RMTs http://pokemonforever.com/Announcement-C...ticipating.
Have you thought about supporting your Mega-Mawile with a Meowstic?

It gets access to alot of support moves like: Trick Room, thunderwave, quick guard, safe guard, swagger, reflect, light screen

especially if you combo it with his HA Prankstar, you will always outspeed the enemy with thunderwave

safe guard+swagger combo is also insane if you get it off.

just some ideas c:
(Oct 24, 2016, 05:06 AM)Elly Wrote: I would gladly try to rate your team if you gave me the format you are playing it- Smogon tiers? VGC? Also, you could use some more descriptions, but I understand it can be hard for beginners. Here is a link to something that could help you while making RMTs http://pokemonforever.com/Announcement-C...ticipating.

Thank you for the link  Blush
I should have read it before writing this 
I will read through it and repost my team :D
Thank you for understanding /♡\
(Oct 24, 2016, 08:09 AM)Feax Wrote: Have you thought about supporting your Mega-Mawile with a Meowstic?

It gets access to alot of support moves like: Trick Room, thunderwave, quick guard, safe guard, swagger, reflect, light screen

especially if you combo it with his HA Prankstar, you will always outspeed the enemy with thunderwave

safe guard+swagger combo is also insane if you get it off.

just some ideas c:

Thank you for the suggestion Smile!!
Hi! Have you considered Aurorus? I personally think Rotom-H is too fast for trick room. Aurorus is slow and deals with the same threats, but can do way more damage.
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?
I'd recommend you follow the guidelines and provide further explanation on the sets before we continue to rate the team further. That said, here's some of my opinions just by first glance.

1) Give a definite set for Mega Mawile: Unless you are said in the set explanation whether or not which move to run is better, can't say much about the Pokemon. I know this is meant for a Trick Room team as mentioned, but kinda want to know the set you are using. Overall the Mega Mawile as a Pokemon works fine with the team composition since it needs Trick Room to get off those attacks and you have good partners in Goth and Jellicent to do so.

2) Change Water Spout to Scald: The thing about this Jellicent set is won't be dealing much damage with Water Spout the more damaged it gets later in the battle. I know you have Recover to replenish HP, but your opponent might pin Jellicent down to the point where it can't setup Trick Room, or naturally wall certain Pokemon like Mega Kangaskhan or Landorus-T. Scald gives you a better STAB utility with the chance to burn physical targets.

3) Protect over Bulk Up: Not going to change the Flame Orb Conkeldurr set, but consider having Protect to at least get the Burn status. Honestly, I think an AV set would work for Conk with Guts as it kinda needs both Ice Punch and Knock Off to deal with the Genies (Landorus-T/Thundurus/Aegislash), and take special hits better.

4) Consider Mental Herb: Thing about this team is that it relies heavy on Trick Room setup to work. Mental Herb allows you to at least get one Trick Room if the opponent goes for Taunt so its a wasted turn on their side.

5) Have a counter to Amoonguss: Yes I know you have Rotom-H to Overheat the Amoonguss and GOthitelle with Psychic STAB to threaten it, but it can be rather annoying to deal with in Trick Room especially getting to fast Spores.

6) 6th Slot?: Well I'm not entirely sure about a good 6th slot for your team, but a good Dark-type like Hydreigon and Tyranitar can help deal with ghost-types and opposing weather. Amoonguss is another choose if to help setup Trick Room and gives you a good core between Rotom-H and Jellicent for defensive synergy, though it make the team slower. Its honestly up to preference.

So that's mostly all I got to say about the team. Feel free to provide set explanations in a revised version so we can thoroughly rate/review it.
replace the flame orb for the toxic orb on conkelldur cuz it'll get its attack halfed with flame orb and not with toxic orb
(Oct 31, 2016, 07:59 AM)TheDancingRoserade Wrote: replace the flame orb for the toxic orb on conkelldur cuz it'll get its attack halfed with flame orb and not with toxic orb

Guts ignores the burn status effect. Depending on how long the conkeldurr is going to be in battle, flame orb also might give an advantage as you are guaranteed 10 turns, and toxic orb is quite... unknown... I know if you do not swap out you get a mere 7 turns. I prefer flame orb.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
@w2gMk thx for letting me know didn't know that