Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] need help on learning about competitive battling.
hi Xander here! and i know nothing about competitive battling.

all i know is that "special" pokemon are banned and that ALOT of people talk about it.

first of all what is competitive battling?

how do i enter!?

plz tell me how to get BR poke's...

thats all i need to know!
Discord: Xander#9873, I'm back on ORAS, and I always love talking to anyone
"Clothes"
I dont know a lot but have pokemons that cover each type of one another and always have 1 or 2 stab moves in each pokemon. Abilities and ítems are SUPER IMPORTANT!
(Oct 15, 2015, 05:17 PM)Eatable_Cactus_2002 Wrote: I dont know a lot but have pokemons that cover each type of one another and always have 1 or 2 stab moves in each pokemon. Abilities and ítems are SUPER IMPORTANT!

Breed pokemon with 6IV´S dittos and you can enter in battle points or tournaments or I dont know..
(Oct 15, 2015, 05:18 PM)Eatable_Cactus_2002 Wrote:
(Oct 15, 2015, 05:17 PM)Eatable_Cactus_2002 Wrote: I dont know a lot but have pokemons that cover each type of one another and always have 1 or 2 stab moves in each pokemon. Abilities and ítems are SUPER IMPORTANT!

Breed pokemon with 6IV´S dittos and you can enter in battle points or tournaments or I dont know..

how do i get 6IV's?
Discord: Xander#9873, I'm back on ORAS, and I always love talking to anyone
"Clothes"
Dont know hahaha. I just recieve them from others, but you could get a 6IV´s Ditto and 6IV´s pokemon and breed them and hope the best.
Br poke are the ones that are full ready to battle like this for example:

[Image: j7xdsh.gif]
1) Hammer arm
2)Zen headbutt
3)Bullet punch
4)Gyro ball

Evs:252 Atk- 4 def-252 spe Nature: Jolly/Adamant
You need the item destiny knot. When two pokemon are in the daycare and can breed, having one of them hold the destiny knot will ensure that 5 random iv's will be passed from the parents to the eggs. So then whenever you get a new pokemon that outclasses one of the parents, you just replace that parent with the new pokemon and keep going til you get eggs that hatch with the iv's you want. Depending on what iv's the parents start with this can be easy or hard. Also the iv's passed down are random, so it can be time consuming. There are threads on this site that give away 5 or 6 iv dittos so I recommend getting on those threads so you have a universal parent that can pass down iv's.
Before you think about making BR pokes, I highly recommend looking at the battle simulator 'Pokemon Showdown'. It allows you to use any Pokemon at its maximum level, with any legal moves with any legal item and max IVs and allow you to customise EVs easily (if you don't know what these are, I explained it on another thread yesterday).

Now, the format you are talking about is Smogon singles. This is where Pokemon are separated in to 4 tiers based on usage. They go OU (over used), UU (under used), RU (rarely used) and NU (never used), with Ubers as a ban list and tiers like PU for the bottom of the barrel. In each tier, you are only allowed to use Pokemon from the tier and below. So for example, you can bring Pokemon from all 4 tiers to OU, but only Pokemon from the last 3 tiers to UU. This allows lesser used Pokemon to still be viable in a competitive setting. Smogon bans certain Pokemon for a lot of reasons, mainly for them being over centralising or just generally toxic to the metagame. These Pokemon include Mega Mawile, Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Salamence, Aegislash, Greninja and some Legendaries such as Rayquaza and Arceus. These Pokemon can however be used in the Ubers team where there are fewer rules. Smogon has quite a few rules, which are automatically enforced on Pokemon Showdown if you select a Smogon format. These include sleep clause, evasion clause, baton pass clause and more. For a full list click here.

Competitive battling is just put simply players playing under a predetermined set of rules and trying to win.

To get BR pokes, the easiest and fastest way is to gen them which many people do but some people frown upon. You can breed them with a 6IV ditto with a destiny knot to get perfect IV pokemon (for this, look up a breeding guide), but this is very time consuming, and then requires EV training and egg moves can be annoying to breed for. Some moves which are allowed in Smogon rules are difficult to obtain, as they may not be possible to get in ORAS and must be imported from another game.

Honestly this is a huge question and I could spend all day explaining how to get in to competitive battling. My advice is to watch videos from competitive battlers, such as PokeaimMD, Thunderblunder777 and Jamvad. Mess around with a team which has good type synergy (doesn't have too many overlapping weaknesses) and try to see what Pokemon are popular and make sure you have ways of beating them.

This might be a bit confusing for someone new, if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Edit: I believe there is a 6IV ditto giveaway going on in the trading section. But still, I would probably gen your first team and save yourself time that can be used actually learning how to play the game. There's no point breeding a team that can't win a game
(Oct 15, 2015, 05:33 PM)RebornFX Wrote: Before you think about making BR pokes, I highly recommend looking at the battle simulator 'Pokemon Showdown'. It allows you to use any Pokemon at its maximum level, with any legal moves with any legal item and max IVs and allow you to customise EVs easily (if you don't know what these are, I explained it on another thread yesterday).

Now, the format you are talking about is Smogon singles. This is where Pokemon are separated in to 4 tiers based on usage. They go OU (over used), UU (under used), RU (rarely used) and NU (never used), with Ubers as a ban list and tiers like PU for the bottom of the barrel. In each tier, you are only allowed to use Pokemon from the tier and below. So for example, you can bring Pokemon from all 4 tiers to OU, but only Pokemon from the last 3 tiers to UU. This allows lesser used Pokemon to still be viable in a competitive setting. Smogon bans certain Pokemon for a lot of reasons, mainly for them being over centralising or just generally toxic to the metagame. These Pokemon include Mega Mawile, Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Salamence, Aegislash, Greninja and some Legendaries such as Rayquaza and Arceus. These Pokemon can however be used in the Ubers team where there are fewer rules. Smogon has quite a few rules, which are automatically enforced on Pokemon Showdown if you select a Smogon format. These include sleep clause, evasion clause, baton pass clause and more. For a full list click here.

Competitive battling is just put simply players playing under a predetermined set of rules and trying to win.

To get BR pokes, the easiest and fastest way is to gen them which many people do but some people frown upon. You can breed them with a 6IV ditto with a destiny knot to get perfect IV pokemon (for this, look up a breeding guide), but this is very time consuming, and then requires EV training and egg moves can be annoying to breed for. Some moves which are allowed in Smogon rules are difficult to obtain, as they may not be possible to get in ORAS and must be imported from another game.

Honestly this is a huge question and I could spend all day explaining how to get in to competitive battling. My advice is to watch videos from competitive battlers, such as PokeaimMD, Thunderblunder777 and Jamvad. Mess around with a team which has good type synergy (doesn't have too many overlapping weaknesses) and try to see what Pokemon are popular and make sure you have ways of beating them.

This might be a bit confusing for someone new, if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Edit: I believe there is a 6IV ditto giveaway going on in the trading section. But still, I would probably gen your first team and save yourself time that can be used actually learning how to play the game. There's no point breeding a team that can't win a game

thank you for this advice. 1+ Smile
(Oct 16, 2015, 12:34 AM)ONESUNBEINGNOW Wrote: thank you for this advice. 1+ Smile

Why thank you Smile Glad I could help