Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] Things to in XY before Sun and Moon come out
So before Sun and Moon come out I feel like I should be preparing for so I can play in a VGC Sun/Moon format.  Obviously the first thing on that list is complete Y but what else should be done so that I'm ready for the release?
-Complete nat dex (go forlivingdex, if you're as nuts as I am)
-Breed BR Pokemon (optimal IVs/EVs/nature/egg moves)
-Grind levels
-Test strats
-Prepare items
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to
Well... I would personally breed 6IV pokemon in all egg groups without using a ditto because I heard sun and moon vgc made mons bred from cloned ditto's illegal... so you got that to work with \o/
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
Since Sun and Moon is due in 3-4 months, might as well just try to complete your Pokedex and/or play some ROM hacks with an emulator. The metagame is going to be completely different with the new Pokemon introduced so there's no point in preparing for a format that isn't even out yet
(Aug 20, 2016, 05:12 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Since Sun and Moon is due in 3-4 months, might as well just try to complete your Pokedex and/or play some ROM hacks with an emulator. The metagame is going to be completely different with the new Pokemon introduced so there's no point in preparing for a format that isn't even out yetThan
That's what I'm doing.  Actually trying to breed so I can fill the dex on all my games.  2 copies of X/Y/OR/AS and then Sun and Moon when they come out. Got a Sudowoodo off GTS, now waiting for a Yanma.  The hard part is deciding if I should just have low level pokes like bulbasaur ...and level them in game... or make enough to have one of each.   And then what about something like poliwag... evolve it...then either sun stone or water stone to evolve...so making 20 of them so I can make one of each.
I at least want to get into the point where you get Kanto starters in XY I need a Charuzard so I can work on planning my team
I may not have a full dex, but I do have 450+ pokemon to transfer to my bank Smile That will keep me plenty busy :D
Water is best type, they are beautiful and strong.
My list of things to do in preperation for gen 7 is: 
  • Complete living dex.
  • Breed as many competitive pokemon as possible.
  • Practice for VGC 2017.
  • Organise Pokebank + renew subscription.
  • Nuzlocke Saphire, Diamond, Soulsilver, Black, Black 2 and Y.
  • Indulge in some Pokemon Ranger.
  • SHINY HUNT!!!