Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TEAM REPORT] A 1st place on showdown team report (Part 1)
I get that you're being sarcastic, but once again. Read my team report where I said that it really isn't an accomplishment before you're trying to be funny..
Great team Wille. I like the complex EV spreads and the team synergy you developed with the team. Also, I agree with you on the nicknaming your Pokemon. Again great job making it to first on showdown :D
[Insert signature here]
(Jul 11, 2015, 01:51 PM)Willem Wrote: Thank's man! :D I'm just saying, people who don't name their pokemans doesn't have any creativity Wink I laddered on my alt called ItsAKindOfMagic, I'm 40th something rn, because you lose your rating so fast when you lose like 2 battles xD My main showdown name is SwedishChefVGC, what's your name? I'd love to practice with you some time!

Yeah, there's one team that I have so much problem against. It's a trick room sun team with rhyperior and venusaur, so it has the fast option. But when I face it, I always predict my opponent leading charizard venusaur, so I lead with heatran. But I always lose to rhyperior next to charizard. :/ But the team I used when I was 1600's fairs better against that team. I'll make a team report of it soon! Smile

I have numerous alts, and I've only reached the top of the ladder for VGC once this year. I'm primarily a singles player and with my new job + I play smash 4 competitively now, I have less time and decay a lot. However, I'm gonna set aside some time this week to shoot for first place again on a newer alt: RogueHatesPokemon last time I played, which was almost a week ago I was 1600, so I'm sure I'll have to climb a tiny bit to reach that again, but no biggie.

Honestly, despite what people say: You can face some really incredible opponents at the top of the ladder. Some of the best games I've ever played came from showdown, vs battlespot. Sure, it isn't quit a worlds/nationals battle: But they can be really tight sometimes.

and finally: There's nothing wrong with playing to win. Sure, these mons are some of the best. But it takes more than just slapping 6 strong mons on a team to beat high leveled players. If it was that easy, all of us would be at nats/worlds. :b Super unique teams are hype, but they usually only work best on a BO1 format, not a more competitive field like a B03 unless the team MU is too good.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
(Jul 12, 2015, 08:56 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Great team Wille. I like the complex EV spreads and the team synergy you developed with the team. Also, I agree with you on the nicknaming your Pokemon. Again great job making it to first on showdown :D

Ayyyy, thank's Marcus! Smile
I have numerous alts, and I've only reached the top of the ladder for VGC once this year. I'm primarily a singles player and with my new job + I play smash 4 competitively now, I have less time and decay a lot. However, I'm gonna set aside some time this week to shoot for first place again on a newer alt: RogueHatesPokemon last time I played, which was almost a week ago I was 1600, so I'm sure I'll have to climb a tiny bit to reach that again, but no biggie.

Honestly, despite what people say: You can face some really incredible opponents at the top of the ladder. Some of the best games I've ever played came from showdown, vs battlespot. Sure, it isn't quit a worlds/nationals battle: But they can be really tight sometimes.

and finally: There's nothing wrong with playing to win. Sure, these mons are some of the best. But it takes more than just slapping 6 strong mons on a team to beat high leveled players. If it was that easy, all of us would be at nats/worlds. :b Super unique teams are hype, but they usually only work best on a BO1 format, not a more competitive field like a B03 unless the team MU is too good.
[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. The whole "bo1 format isn't competitive" isn't true at all. Thank you for the kind words, and good luck with the laddering! Smile
Thank you, again Naitre for the kind words! Smile It was wrong of me being so defensive :D
Hello there Willem! I don't know if you know me and all but I'm Kiev697 from the twitch chat... you know the guy that just so happen to spam "legends" in his VGC battles. kappa

I wanted to commented on your 'first team' successes for a while now given that you were able to reach the #1 rank on showdown since you posted this so here's my chance. Anyways we pretty much had the same motivation as before, but maybe with different goals and end results so I'll keep this somewhat brief. To be honest, don't bend against the critics who say you are using the same top "12" ( I know they complain about a large margin) Pokemon in your 6 party rotation. What the heck the you expect when high usage of Landorus-T and Thundurus were allowed back in the VGC scene. They are going to be placed high on the ladder teams for a reason given how well both are going to fulfill their as a support and offensive pivot.

Yes the team is powerful and well-crafted by Gengar-Boi and yourself. Sylveon is honest on of the most hit or miss Pokemon in the VGC community since so many people say its bad while others like myself say its great. Frankly Sylveon like any other spread attack works best at applying offensive pressure with its powerful Hyper Voices and coverage attacks from time to time. I feel as though there is so much untapped potential on Sylveon given it has a ton of supportive moves as you mentioned in your analysis and really depends on its role in a particular team. I tried out HP Ice Heatran early this season and it hasn't disappointed me yet given it can check/walls none EQ-Hydro Pump Mega Mence and can eliminate it with an HP Ice at ease. As for the rest of the team, I can say its quite standard but in a way which each fulfill their respective roles. Kang is gonna be the main damage dealer for the team, Thundurus is the main speed control with utility support, Landorus-T the offensive pivot, and Amoonguss the redirection user.

Sometimes people write off standard looking teams thinking these teams are "easy" and "predictable" but they get salty about using to one like this one. Overall a great team you have their Willem so I'm eager to see the team that got you to the 1500-1700.
(Jul 13, 2015, 02:21 AM)Black117 Wrote: Hello there Willem! I don't know if you know me and all but I'm Kiev697 from the twitch chat... you know the guy that just so happen to spam "legends" in his VGC battles. kappa

I wanted to commented on your 'first team' successes for a while now given that you were able to reach the #1 rank on showdown since you posted this so here's my chance. Anyways we pretty much had the same motivation as before, but maybe with different goals and end results so I'll keep this somewhat brief. To be honest, don't bend against the critics who say you are using the same top "12" ( I know they complain about a large margin) Pokemon in your 6 party rotation. What the heck the you expect when high usage of Landorus-T and Thundurus were allowed back in the VGC scene. They are going to be placed high on the ladder teams for a reason given how well both are going to fulfill their as a support and offensive pivot.

Yes the team is powerful and well-crafted by Gengar-Boi and yourself. Sylveon is honest on of the most hit or miss Pokemon in the VGC community since so many people say its bad while others like myself say its great. Frankly Sylveon like any other spread attack works best at applying offensive pressure  with its powerful Hyper Voices and coverage attacks from time to time. I feel as though there is so much untapped potential on Sylveon given it has a ton of supportive moves as you mentioned in your analysis and really depends on its role in a particular team. I tried out HP Ice Heatran early this season and it hasn't disappointed me yet given it can check/walls none EQ-Hydro Pump Mega Mence and can eliminate it with an HP Ice at ease. As for the rest of the team, I can say its quite standard but in a way which each fulfill their respective roles. Kang is gonna be the main damage dealer for the team, Thundurus is the main speed control with utility support, Landorus-T the offensive pivot, and Amoonguss the redirection user.

Sometimes people write off standard looking teams thinking these teams are "easy" and "predictable" but they get salty about using to one like this one. Overall a great team you have their Willem so I'm eager to see the team that got you to the 1500-1700.

Wow! Really well written and I agree with everything you wrote. And there's a reason why I used this team to get into the 1500's, this team is so easy to use and sweep through many teams that is used in the "lower ladder". I really like when people say that you're bad at the game because you're using a standard team, since it has proven on and on that it can perform really well in tournaments and on the different ladders. Anyways, I'm writing my team report of my "main team" that I love using and has performed really well. Thank's again Kiev for the kind words! Smile
I'm not as good at writing stuff as Rogue, Naitre and Black, but they're all right Will! I'd be more than happy if I was that good haha
(Jul 13, 2015, 08:14 AM)Eckley Wrote: I'm not as good at writing stuff as Rogue, Naitre and Black, but they're all right Will! I'd be more than happy if I was that good haha

I'm sorry that I'm stupid, but what do you mean "They"? xD