Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program
About to add everyone that just posted, thanks for reaching out guys! I'll probably be assigning new people mentors throughout the day, so keep an eye on your inbox for a PM from me. (eventually) :D
I'm now a little interested in the VGC scene after seeing all those tournaments, but I have absolutely no idea how to make a team, so I'd like to be mentor'd
I'd love some help in VGC or smogon; I keep breeding pokemons that I hear are good, and trying to get 5iv shinies of my favourite; I would LOVE to be able to use some of them in learning. Trying to mess around on pokemon showdown as we speak. Any guidance would be appreciated =)
Gonna add you guys now! :D

I ended up being really busy yesterday so I didn't get to assign any mentors, but I'll try my best to get to it today.
hi im new to pokemon Competitive play and i think if i had a mentor that would be AMAZING! I play vgc and just need help getting started i already know about iv evs just need some help! Thanks for posting this Thread Btw!
(Jan 8, 2015, 10:29 AM)SCf3 Wrote: Gonna add you guys now! :D

I ended up being really busy yesterday so I didn't get to assign any mentors, but I'll try my best to get to it today.

Just a headsup, you might need to take timezone into consideration! I'm from England and have had issues arranging trades due to unfortunate timezone clashes.
for what it's worth I'm up all night and sleep all morning, so as long as there's nothing between like 3am-12pm CST I'm probably available when it comes to scheduling =)
(Dec 30, 2014, 08:24 PM)ItalianG62 Wrote: I would love to help out in anyway I can, the community here really helped me get into the competitive side of battling and especially with VGC. I'm kinda iffy on Smogon only because anything I know I've learned from my friend. So I would love to be able to help out in anyway I can. One thing I can do is if for someone new, I can provide 6 IV Dittos to whoever needs it so that they can have a good starting point.

Im somewhat of a new player to pokemon, been playing the games since red and blue but only really have started learning the ropes of competitive for a year or so on and off. That said Im familiar with all the terminology and many basic strategies, Im not totally incompetent. I really am stuck as to where to go from here in terms of becoming better at predicting switches etc and teambuilding especially I am very weak with. I would very much appreciate a chance to have someone work with me to create a team that suits my playstyle or even just talk over some that Ive been working on lately without the general derailing that "rate my team" threads usually struggle with. Im not interested in using a cookie cutter team as Im already competent with the basics, but Id like to advance my strategy further.

Tl;dr mediocre player seeking team building help/tutoring

Edit: I dont know why it didnt reply to the OP, wierd
For the record I have been busy as heck yesterday and today and haven't been able to help Ally. Tomorrow I have less work stacked against me so 100% will be able to help them then.
(Jan 8, 2015, 01:56 PM)ImAWizrd Wrote:
(Jan 8, 2015, 10:29 AM)SCf3 Wrote: Gonna add you guys now! :D

Just a headsup, you might need to take timezone into consideration! I'm from England and have had issues arranging trades due to unfortunate timezone clashes.

Great suggestion! I'll add that to the first post.