Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] How long did it take you to get comp ready legendaries ?
I am soft resetting for a Heatran right now for the first time, but now I am on my tenth try and still, tjfRekt that perfect Heatran hasn't showed it's steely head.

Are there any tips or tricks? Or should I just bite the bullet and keep working at it?

I'd love to hear how your experiences went!
I found myself soft resetting for Landorus, Heatran and Latios. If I remember correctly, they were either 4 or 5 IVs (the ones that were 4, were like 30 so the stats were still the same as if they were 5) they took me about under 30 or so tries so honestly just keep with it, at least you're not going for a shiny competitive Heatran.
When soft resetting, it is good to be open minded to what you need/want to get.
Some people will only want a very specific Pokemon so it takes AGES to obtain them, most never get it, give up & save whatever is next after the 80th reset.

When I was SRing for my Shiny Rayquaza, I wanted Adamant nature with IVs on SpA, SpD and Speed. After some reasonable time I started to get the 3 IVs but kept getting any other nature but Adamant. I was getting frustrated. Then I realized I got a Jolly with the 3 IVs I needed, so I kept that one.

So, what I am saying is that if you keep your options open, you may have already come across with the IVs that you needed but a nature similar to what you first chose.

I would say keep trying, but don't discard every single one that isn't "perfect" as you said. Remember that at competitive level 50, an IV of 30 is the same as an IV of 31. So.. if you are using an IV calculator, keep that in mind. Perfection is not always ideal.
New to the Forum? Visit a 5IV Pokemon Giveaway here.

I am Breeder. Need help? Ask away!.

When soft resetting you need to have in mind the stats you want on the Pokemon. If you want max HP IV, get a Pokemon with final Gambit that has one point less in HP to check for that IV. If you want max speed IV, get a Pokemon with one speed point below the legendary you are trying to catch. This method cuts soft resetting by a huge amount since you will only be catching the mons that you have guaranteed to have the HP, speed or a combination of the two.

If you're soft resetting, try to get a Master Ball from the Pokemiles shop on the Pokemon Global Link or the lottery in game. You can skip the first paragraph if you have the Master Ball seeing as how you will have 100% catch rate.

Always have Pokeballs that make the Pokemon easier to catch unless of course you want to be that guy who catches all his legendaries in a normal Pokeball. I generally SR at night so Dusk Balls have a 3.5x capture rate. For the regis, Dusk Ball works as well. For water type legendaries like Palkia and Suicune, Dive Ball or Net Ball is the way to go as you get a 4x capture rate.

False Swipe + Spore/Hypnosis is good to have as well. I mention Hypnosis because Virizion is unaffected by Spore. Start training that Breloom and Gallade cause your gonna need it.

Finally, never give up. Flawless or bust. If it is possible to get the perfect IVs on a legendary, just go for it. HP, Spdef and Defenses IVs are necessary on all Pokemon so never overlook those. If the legendary is supposed to be a physical attacker then you don't need to SR for the Special Attack IV and vice versa. It can take from 2 hours to 2 weeks to get the perfect legendary. I got my 5 IV Jolly Zekrom in under 30 soft resets. I got a Virizion with 4 IV + 20-30 IV in HP with a Jolly Nature in under 100. Patience is the key
[Insert signature here]
Thanks for all the advice everyone! I will just take my time with it and hope for the best :D
(Aug 31, 2015, 07:55 AM)Marcusube Wrote: Always have Pokeballs that make the Pokemon easier to catch unless of course you want to be that guy who catches all his legendaries in a normal Pokeball. I generally SR at night so Dusk Balls have a 3.5x capture rate. For the regis, Dusk Ball works as well. For water type legendaries like Palkia and Suicune, Dive Ball or Net Ball is the way to go as you get a 4x capture rate.

Yes. I agree with him.
If you don't have access to a Master Ball, I have always recommended Time Balls.
What I do is to count my turns. I usually throw around 5 Poke balls which are guaranteed to fail, then for the next 5 turns I false swipe the Legendary until 1HP is left, then I sleep the guy. After 10 turns I throw Time Balls that have a 4x capture rate on any type of Poke ball at any time of the day. Time balls achieve maximum rate after 10 turns. I usually play with a Shedinja with False Swipe. He never dies, and he doesn't kill the Legendary.

There are many ways of doing SRing, you need to pick the method that you feel comfortable with with the time you have.
New to the Forum? Visit a 5IV Pokemon Giveaway here.

I am Breeder. Need help? Ask away!.

Not sure if its been mentioned but remember to have a pokemon with the desired nature and the synchronise ability at the front of your party. This gives encounters a 50% chance to have the same nature.
http://www.psypokes.com/dex/iv.php This is also a pretty neat tool where you can quickly calc the stats instead of going to the IV checker and hear it from there! This site always speed up my progress whenever i'm soft-resetting for a shiny. + I agree with all the tips that were mentioned here before :D
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015

it took me about 20 hours to get my hp ice zapdos perfect bar special attack being 29 instead of 31 but since i was after a bold tailwind variant i was fine with that. Your best stating what wobble room your happy with before you start i recommend accepting 1 less than perfect for hp perfect mons as these take ages otherwise. But for 5iv (30 or 31) pokemon you talking 1024 resets on average so not too bad.

if your like me and want all your pokemon in pokeballs you need a fainted synchro lead, the final gambit method + a spore user who is insanely bulky (i like amoongus) either through stats or being very overleveled. Plus always use capture power level 3 this dramatically reduces the risk of the foe struggling itself to death for low pp legends i recommend bringing a smergle with spore recycle a leppa berry and a move to give the foe the berry.
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them