Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread
(Dec 26, 2014, 02:33 PM)evilsabre Wrote:
(Dec 26, 2014, 02:29 PM)IceyGamer Wrote: My talonflame has very low speed so yes it was priority beating out his speed demon pokemon.

interesting i guess it means gale wings applies when u first bring the poke in to any flying moves u have rather than when you use the move. I wonder if its the same with prankster?

I think all priority and which pokemon goes first is determined before hand. The best example of this is mega sableye since upon mega evoling the same turn it still has priority status.
(Dec 26, 2014, 02:38 PM)Black117 Wrote:
(Dec 26, 2014, 02:33 PM)evilsabre Wrote:
(Dec 26, 2014, 02:29 PM)IceyGamer Wrote: My talonflame has very low speed so yes it was priority beating out his speed demon pokemon.

interesting i guess it means gale wings applies when u first bring the poke in to any flying moves u have rather than when you use the move. I wonder if its the same with prankster?

I think all priority and which pokemon goes first is determined before hand. The best example of this is mega sableye since upon mega evoling the same turn it still has priority status.

At that point Yes it is definitely pre-determined. But what I was saying is my priority Brave bird even 4 turns after the skill swap was still having priority. It was really weird because there wasn't any Trick room in place during those turns which would allow my slow talonflame to go first so it was Priority. The question is does this happen with only Gale wings or other priority abilities as well?
The thing is that Talonflame is naturally fast with a base speed of 126. If their wasn't any trick room in place then its completely possible that your opponent was just using slow pokemon which is likely scenario.
I think Talonflame will be easier to prepare for this year. Landorus doesnt care for it and KO's it, Thundurus can also take a hit and kill it, and things like focus sash terrakion will KO it easily. Or even with the larger amount of quick guard users in this year. I think as the meta evolves Talonflame won't be much of a threat at all.
Guys, I know my team isn't great (still building it) but I love my Pangoro so much! (Even tho it's probably outclassed by so many pokemon but it's a cool panda) I already made 4 people ragequit with it xD. I probably should switch over to Greninja for the Gunk shot thing because fairy is probably going to be huge this meta but i'm enjoying him while I can :P (I mean, come on he is pretty badass this game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2015-197510603 )
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015

Keep running the panda :D, even though its outclass its not used alot and people dont know what its commonly runs you can surprise them :P
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Still can't believe this worked

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2015-197515986
#TeamForum
LETS GO SOX
OMG WASHER YOU. GO STAND IN THE CORNER WITH THAT EXPLOTION LICKILICKY kappa

Eeveeli battle me on showdown Kappa
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
My unfinished team will probably get wrecked but sure. Kappa/