Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread
(Jan 5, 2015, 08:37 PM)coroal97 Wrote: Hi @naitre Smile,

First of al thx fr posting both of his spreads:P

But you shouldve checked the comments he uneffectively eved the first spread...

You have to take away 4 evs from speed and 4 evs from special defense, since with the spread you posted both stats get same points at level 50 with those 8 points taken awaySmile just put them into spa to get more power

Nice job on the calcs thoWink

Greetings corol97

We've noticed that now. Not like it really matters because all you get is 146 special attack instead of 145, which won't be changing anything from it's kill range. So instead we'll be dumping those 4 from defense into speed to allocate another point to speed creep those who will be running his set, which we will be popular. After all, it's always good to speed creep favorite sets to get the clutch damage.

The second set is our own that we worked on together. I can see how at first glance they look a like after watching his video, but the EV's are different and the moveset is different. After all, a lot of EV spreads look a like in Pokemon. Not to take away from Aaron, he's an amazing battler who I respect immensely. We just prefer this moveset.
So I was wondering with the event ha Serperior release coming soon in a few more days, what are everyone's thoughts on contrary Serperior. To be frank, I think its going to be one of the best underrated grass types in the 2015 format. Yes Serperior has issues with its rather shallow moveset aside from leaf spam, giga drain, dragon pulse, and hidden power rock/ground/fire, it has access to glare, protect, taunt, reflect, light screen,knock off taunt, substitute, gastric acid/worry seed, mirror coat, snatch and swagger. What stands out the most is arguably glare as it can paralyzes both Garchomp, Landorus-T, Excadrill, and other ground type pokemon. Though all Serperior has going in terms of offense is leaf storm spam, it can setup relatively faster than other contrary users by increasing its special attack to +2 per turn and can be problematic for for bulky pokemon like Cresselia to wall. In fact, I could see Seperior almost on par with Bisharp and Milotic as it can deter people from using either icy wind, snarl, and possibly other stat drop attacks or it will get an increase in of its stats. If Seperior can get its special attack increases, it will have no problem just plowing through unprepared teams with a designated check.
If you guys are taking requests: What about a Aegislash? I've been trying to run a physical one on my team for a while now but i can't figure out a good EV-spread/moveset :c

Also about the ha Serperior: I agree with you! It's going to be underrated for sure, it has common weaknesses tho (Fire, ice, Flying) so it needs some support with Talonflames around and their Bravebird but it will be strong for sure when it has set up. I want to try it out one day once it's officially released :D
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015

Honestly I don't know if a physical aegislash could work in this metagame with all the intimidate spam and bisharp around. A mixed set with weakness policy can work pretty decently with just the proper timing and prediction. Most aegislash sets are probably gonna be working around a mixed set with either shadow ball, flash cannon/sacred sword (for kang, heatran, hydreigon, t-tar) and shadow sneak. As for other options, king shield is self explanatory, substitute still works great, as well as wide guard to stop heat waves, surf, and earthquakes.

Edit: I think people will start seeing more aegislash sets like this that is designated to tank special hits, retaliate with shadow ball and hopefully nab a +2 boost to its stats.

Collin Heiner's Aegislash Set @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 92 SpA / 156 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
– Shadow Ball
– Sacred Sword/Flash Cannon/Shadow Sneak
– Substitute/Wide Guard
– King’s Shield
I sadly lost the weakness policy set I was using because I cleaned my caches on showdown but it worked pretty well, most people don't expect it to be physical so i could surprise a lot of people with it while KO-ing some pokemons that the special one has troubles with. But I agree with the fact that the intimidate spam is real this VGC so I should try to make a mixed one :D

Edit: Didn't notice the set you've posted

Thank you! I will try it out for sure :D
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015

My sister beat me when it came to replying to both of you... But any who, she's right. I feel like Serperior will be fun to use, but not like, tournament viable. The special attack is so poor that you have to run 252 modest to pick up KO's right away. You could run less and just rely on your boosts but that's too situational. You could run into things that you outspeed but can't OHKO when you need to because you arent running max/modest. It's frail that a lot of things 2KO it with ease.

(Jan 6, 2015, 06:03 AM)Black117 Wrote: Honestly I don't know if a physical aegislash could work in this metagame with all the intimidate spam and bisharp around. A mixed set with weakness policy can work pretty decently with just the proper timing and prediction. Most aegislash sets are probably gonna be working around a mixed set with either shadow ball, flash cannon/sacred sword (for kang, heatran, hydreigon, t-tar) and shadow sneak. As for other options, king shield is self explanatory, substitute still works great, as well as wide guard to stop heat waves, surf, and earthquakes.

Edit: I think people will start seeing more aegislash sets like this that is designated to tank special hits, retaliate with shadow ball and hopefully nab a +2 boost to its stats.

Collin Heiner's Aegislash Set @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 92 SpA / 156 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
– Shadow Ball
– Sacred Sword/Flash Cannon/Shadow Sneak
– Substitute/Wide Guard
– King’s Shield

Agreed. weakness policy aegislash is 2gud. Thanks for the set!

***I'm working on another write up right now. I'm excited to finish it and I think you'll all like it. [:
Whimsicott definitely is a monster. It also gets access to sunny day for sun team shenanigans. I didn't consider sub+seed so thanks for the idea! :D
I'm stealing that Whimsicott build o_O holy jesus.
Quote:Do you find that your team is lacking some bulk? Are you a huge fan of inducing your opponent with status effects to the point that they want to snap their 3DS in half?
Yes and yes.

Never realized how terrifying Whimsicott is. Definitely gonna try one of those builds out.
Im seriously adding one to my next team!
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv