Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread
I think we can all agree that freeze hax is our best option Kappa
(Jan 13, 2015, 06:19 PM)Eckley Wrote: I think we can all agree that freeze hax is our best option Kappa

agreed!! lol
#TeamForum

(Jan 13, 2015, 06:19 PM)Eckley Wrote: I think we can all agree that freeze hax is our best option Kappa

what are you talking about? are you dumb?

freeze hax with a crit. for good measure. kappa
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
(Jan 13, 2015, 06:23 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Jan 13, 2015, 06:21 PM)Rogue Wrote:

freeze hax with a crit. for good measure. kappa

Pretty sure you guys forgot that your opponent will never know how skilled you are unless you use paraflinch.

#FREEMYHOMIEJIRACHI
#THUNDERWAVE-IRONHEADSPAM
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
paraflinch + swagger = shoot me
#TeamForum

(Jan 13, 2015, 06:23 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Jan 13, 2015, 06:21 PM)Rogue Wrote:

freeze hax with a crit. for good measure.  kappa

Pretty sure you guys forgot that your opponent will never know how skilled you are unless you use paraflinch.
Fire pledge plus water pledge increase chance of secondary effect plus serene grace togekiss equals always flinch Kappa
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
On a serious note though, how popular is facade becoming on kang? Because I've ran into a few gengars with will-of-wisp and icy wind (I'm sure cybrrtron has a gengar with these moves) which I'm assuming is because of landorus-t, but since he's immune to kangs normal stab, it can help deal with him. But if will-of-wisp is becoming more popular, it could backfire on the rest of your team
(Jan 13, 2015, 06:33 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Jan 13, 2015, 06:30 PM)Eckley Wrote: On a serious note though, how popular is facade becoming on kang? Because I've ran into a few gengars with will-of-wisp and icy wind (I'm sure cybrrtron has a gengar with these moves) which I'm assuming is because of landorus-t, but since he's immune to kangs normal stab, it can help deal with him. But if will-of-wisp is becoming more popular, it could backfire on the rest of your team

I haven't seen a lot of Will-o-Wisp users because this year seems to be focused on hyper-offense. Icy Wind isn't necessarily exclusively for Lando-T, but also for speed control. I can't pull up the exact % of Facade use in the community because the GL is down for maintenance, but I feel like it's rising in popularity because of Thunder Wave Thundurus in addition to Will-o-Wisp.

Rotom + arcanine are the two popular users of WoW other than them its mostly 2nd effect burns like scald and fire moves. My favorite counters to kang include Mega-Gallade inner focus stops a fake out meaning you can get very strong threat on him others i like include ferrothorn since he can live a low kick comfortably and fire punch is not very common at the moment but u'll still get 50% of kangs hp if he uses it with the iron barbs rocky helmet combo with a 25% chance to live it with the more defensive builds (vs jolly vs adamant you don't really have a hope but you will still take 50% of kangs hp)

In regards to Rogue saying vgc 15 is all about the legends i respect that view and i know their going to be extremely common but as my team has already somewhat proved you can manage without them with only my rotom-W and garchomp picks actually being top 12 picks. I'm already confident that i can get through this year without being reliant on the legendary spam that is likely to be seen by many of the top teams. I guess i'm one of the most unusual no legend users to some extent since I've not even played VGC 2014, so my 1st taste of VGC is the legendary spam of 2015 that i refuse to be a part of :P

Edit: I'm not really a fan of icey wind myself since it massively helps bisharp and milotic who are likely to be pretty powerful this year and neither really care about being slower.

Edit 2: Weirdly I've not really seen the hyper offensive teams yet (but my definition of hyper offense is prob a bit different than the average persons since my first singles team was hyper offensive by most smogon players standards XD)
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
(Jan 14, 2015, 07:20 AM)naitre Wrote:
(Jan 14, 2015, 01:26 AM)evilsabre Wrote:
(Jan 13, 2015, 06:33 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Jan 13, 2015, 06:30 PM)Eckley Wrote: On a serious note though, how popular is facade becoming on kang? Because I've ran into a few gengars with will-of-wisp and icy wind (I'm sure cybrrtron has a gengar with these moves) which I'm assuming is because of landorus-t, but since he's immune to kangs normal stab, it can help deal with him. But if will-of-wisp is becoming more popular, it could backfire on the rest of your team

I haven't seen a lot of Will-o-Wisp users because this year seems to be focused on hyper-offense. Icy Wind isn't necessarily exclusively for Lando-T, but also for speed control. I can't pull up the exact % of Facade use in the community because the GL is down for maintenance, but I feel like it's rising in popularity because of Thunder Wave Thundurus in addition to Will-o-Wisp.

Rotom + arcanine are the two popular users of WoW other than them its mostly 2nd effect burns like scald and fire moves. My favorite counters to kang include Mega-Gallade inner focus stops a fake out meaning you can get very strong threat on him others i like include ferrothorn since he can live a low kick comfortably and fire punch is not very common at the moment but u'll still get 50% of kangs hp if he uses it with the iron barbs rocky helmet combo with a 25% chance to live it with the more defensive builds (vs jolly vs adamant you don't really have a hope but you will still take 50% of kangs hp)

In regards to Rogue saying vgc 15 is all about the legends i respect that view and i know their going to be extremely common but as my team has already somewhat proved you can manage without them with only my rotom-W and garchomp picks actually being top 12 picks. I'm already confident that i can get through this year without being reliant on the legendary spam that is likely to be seen by many of the top teams. I guess i'm one of the most unusual no legend users to some extent since I've not even played VGC 2014, so my 1st taste of VGC is the legendary spam of 2015 that i refuse to be a part of :P

Edit: I'm not really a fan of icey wind myself since it massively helps bisharp and  milotic who are likely to be pretty powerful this year and neither really care about being slower.

Edit 2: Weirdly I've not really seen the hyper offensive teams yet (but my definition of hyper offense is prob a bit different than the average persons since my first  singles team was hyper offensive by most smogon players standards XD)

I see more Will-o-Wisp Sableyes, though Rotom-W usually carries it. I just don't really feel threatened by it in any way with my VGC team. I see more offensive Arcanines than ones who carry Will-o-Wisp, but it just really depends on where you're battling and at what time of day I think. I see a lot of Sylveon, Liepard, and Salamence, whereas Rogue's going up against M-Kang and Cresselia all day long.

I think Rogue was just trying to stress that legendary is just a title, and it's not necessarily good. I mean, Salamence has a higher base stat total than Suicune does, for example. And look at Zygarde and Phione, haha.

When I say hyper offense, I don't really mean it in the same way as hyper offense in the world of Smogon.  A team of M-Kang + Salamence + Rotom-W + Sylveon is pretty offensive by VGC standards, depending on their sets, for example. They're not necessarily all heavy sweepers, but they're not doing anything but hitting me fairly hard. Hyper offense might not have been the best word choice on my part.

I don't run Icy Wind myself. My team is a Trick Room team, so I really love opponents who use Tailwind and Icy Wind :P

i really didnt espect arcanine to start coming so common so far just a couple weeks ago you would barely see one now there everywhere

also i once battled someone with a speedboost blazikin in my trick room team every turn he was getting slower and slower :P
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
arcanine is on the rise but people are kind of spilt on how best to play him the choice differs between the typically physical offensive variants who use extreme speed and the typically special defensive variants who like to use snarl + will o wisp + intimidate to be really a effective wall that still has offensive pressure from snarl and heat wave.

yea i would call sylveon, rotom and kang all pretty bulky lol in my experience hyper offensive teams to me are teams like talonflame, M gallade, landurous and hydregion for example where the teams going to try and win fast or it will lose fast :P
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them