Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread
yea i just think that it will be a brave player to risk swaping into an ice punch but i don't think metagross will dominate in vgc simply due to needing the wide guard support but he will be present to some extent likely a bit more than mawille who i think might really struggle this year.
Rouge and Naitre, I'm glad you've posted analysis on the dog trio. I've always liked them, so I'm hoping to see them used a bit more.

The point you've made about using a Lightning rod user with suicune peaks my interest, because Sceptile now gets the ability via it's mega evolution, so I might have a play around with this idea and see what I can come up with.

Thanks again for the analyses :D
(Dec 20, 2014, 04:25 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Dec 20, 2014, 04:13 PM)evilsabre Wrote: yea i just think that it will be a brave player to risk swaping into an ice punch but i don't think metagross will dominate in vgc simply due to needing the wide guard support but he will be present to some extent likely a bit more than mawille who i think might really struggle this year.

I don't think Mega Mawile will struggle too much this year. With a teammate like Hitmontop, you get the double intimidate and Wide Guard to prevent Earthquake. Mawile gets off a Swords Dance and follows up with a Sucker Punch. Even a -2 Landorus and -2 M-Metagross won't be able to do much in those circumstances.

wait top has intimidate ok mawilles gona be seen XD, i'm still a noob in competitive so i'm barely aware of 2014 threats and for the most part i'm still oblivious to many of the support options available so most of what i go on is based off the major threats i am aware of...
(Dec 20, 2014, 04:32 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Dec 20, 2014, 04:29 PM)Eckley Wrote: Rouge and Naitre, I'm glad you've posted analysis on the dog trio. I've always liked them, so I'm hoping to see them used a bit more.

The point you've made about using a Lightning rod user with suicune peaks my interest, because Sceptile now gets the ability via it's mega evolution, so I might have a play around with this ideaand see what I can come up with.

Thanks again for the analyses :D

Actually, I'm really glad you brought up M-Sceptile...I totally forgot about it getting Lightingrod! This could potentially make a pretty devastating pairing in doubles, especially since Suicune's niche is often just to be as annoying as possible. I'm glad the analyses could be of help Smile I'm hoping to see a more creative VGC meta this year with such a promising roster.

the new megas are renovating ideas for sure mega galie explosion plays will devastate most teams if you get the protect call wrong.... i'm curious to see if we see sand teams run mega tyranitar, steelix or garchomp since they all are solid options for the sand teams
I'm the same Evil, I'm just trying do as much research as I can to find out about certain sets of certain pokemon, so I know what to look out for when building teams, and these posts are definitely helping. I'm probably going to mess around with that M Sceptile/ Suicune combo, see what I can come up with.
I'm actually glad the new megas are stirring things up though, I think it's going to make people be more creative with their teams
(Dec 20, 2014, 04:44 PM)Eckley Wrote: I'm the same Evil, I'm just trying do as much research as I can to find out about certain sets of certain pokemon, so I know what to look out for when building teams, and these posts are definitely helping. I'm probably going to mess around with that M Sceptile/ Suicune combo, see what I can come up with.

yea i'm thinking i may have to drop my no legend policy in order to stand up to other teams that or use pokemon i really dislike and that's not likely to work...
(Dec 20, 2014, 04:46 PM)evilsabre Wrote: yea i'm thinking i may have to drop my no legend policy in order to stand up to other teams that or use pokemon i really dislike and that's not likely to work...
I'm not against the use of legendary Pokemon myself, but if there's some, like Landorus and cress for instance, that are overused, I don't like to use them, because I want to try something a little different.
(Dec 20, 2014, 04:49 PM)Eckley Wrote:
(Dec 20, 2014, 04:46 PM)evilsabre Wrote: yea i'm thinking i may have to drop my no legend policy in order to stand up to other teams that or use pokemon i really dislike and that's not likely to work...
I'm not against the use of legendary Pokemon myself, but if there's some, like Landorus and cress for instance, that are overused, I don't like to use them, because I want to try something a little different.

if i was gona use 1 it would be out of the latis or from the lake, dog or bird trios i don't really like the rest as i feel they are used purely because their good not because people like them especially the genies as i don't even like them to begin with even without being as good as they are...
I've actually had an idea with the M Scep/ Suicune combo, but I need to use another legendary, which I don't really want to do. But if it works, then so be it :P
nice lemme know how it goes :P