Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Spring Forward VGC Forum Tourney (OVER)
Spring Foward  VGC Tourney (29/3/2015)
[Image: power_pair_tag_battle_by_arkeis_pokemon-d79qtrj.jpg]
credits to arkeis-pokemon

Tourney

In our previous tourney, we witness what I think was our very own March Madness  kappa  where all the top seeded players where eliminated by all the lower seeds. Of course there were hax involved in some battles given by the battle videos but I personally believe that everyone played extremely well to the very best of their abilities. It was unfortunate that there was some issues at the start of the tourney but I will work around it better next time alright. Anyways I'm gonna be hosting another Forum Tourney where everyone of all skill levels are invited to play and this time I'll be giving away some soft reset Legendary Pokemon as the main grand prize for first place. The three Pokemon I'm exclusively talking about are the legendary Musketeer trio: Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrakion with high ivs! I am personally plan to soft reset for these legionaries I'll give updates on what the ivs of the three Pokemon are so that you'll know how to use in during actual VGC tournaments. The 2nd place winner will receive a non Pentagon Keldeo and a battle ready Mega Mawile while 3rd and 1st place holder of Top Cut will get a Keldeo as well. Well that's basically how this tourney will be so just stay tune for more information and update.

One last thing is that I want everyone to spread the word about this tourney as this is their opportunity to get a full set of high iv Terrakion, Cobalion, or Virizion which they could use in tourneys. I would like to see more competitors here as well in these tourneys so we can all improve our skills in the end.  

WINNERS

1. 1st Place: TJ aka Mastrtman
  2. 2nd Place: PodFighterNinja
  3. 3rd Place Mitchmaster

Prizes

1ST Place: Soft Reset Legends: Terrakion, Virizion, and Cobalion with high Ivs

IV Spread:

1. Virizion: 31/31/31/x/27/31
  2. Terrakion: 25/31/31/x/31/31
  3. Cobalion: 31/25/31/31/31/31 ;.; y u no 31!

2ND Place: A BR Mega Mawile and a non pentagon Keldeo

3RD Place and  1st Place Holder of Top Cut:  Non pentagon Keldeo

Registration

I will be using a "Battlefy" as our main tournament format considering how well it has gone smoothly IMO. For those interested in competing in this tournament, first setup a "Battlefy" account to register, next click the "Join" button. There you'll be asked for the password (VGC2015) and you will be entered. After you have logged in, please give out the following information such as friend code, in-game-name, twitch name, and forum name.

Check In

On March 29th, the tournament "check in" will start at about 10:00 AM Pacific and last for about 1 hour (11:00 PM ) so everyone can be here on time for the tourney.  To confirm you are here on Sunday, log in on the tournament website at Battlefly and click the "Check in" option. Now here are some disclaimers I have with you all. 1) Do not drop out of the tourney at least during the end of the Swiss rounds. This is largely due to the fact if a certain amount of people drop then the system cannot organize the brackets efficiently and I'll be forced to cancel the event. 2) The countdown will always display the start of  "check in" and that's final. I know some of you guys were upset about how the I kept referring to the start time an hour after the initial countdown had past. My response to this is simply I want to give any last minute players enough time to register, get their teams ready, and wait till I start top cut. Now since some of you were confused by this, I'll change it so that everyone can see a timer for Check in and Swiss with both having an hour difference. 3) If you know for sure you cannot participate during the entirety of the tourney because of obligations, then don't participate at all.

Tournament rules

Here are some rules and some regulations about the tournament. Please read through when considering to join.

- As mentioned, the tournament will be on March 29th, 2015 with check in at 10:00 AM-11:00 AM Pacific time (GMT:-8) and Swiss beginning at the top of the hour.

- There will only be 8 spots for the tourney and that's it.

- Standard VGC 15 rules apply. If you don't know the ruleset, here's a link to nuggetbridge for the official 2015 VGC ruleset.

-[u] Each round will be a best of 3 including the finals.

- As far as pokemon legality goes, you can bring any pokemon as long as it complies to VGC 2015 rules and aren't obvious hacks (ie over 510+ evs, illegal movesets/abilities). Likewise I don't want people to assert claims about the opposing team not being "legit" and I want this tourney to run smoothly.

-HONOR RULE: Once either player are done with their matches, they must save the match, and report if they either won or loss. All players are encouraged to report battle codes but I don't need them unless a dispute happens in which I'll have someone review the match. I really don't need battle codes for all swiss rounds except only for top cut battles.

-Disconnections: If there is a disconnection in the battle, both players are entitled to have another match with their conditions (same leads, different mons), without any penalties. However if it is notice that one of the Player's internet connection isn't working properly, unfortunately I will be force to drop that person out after 2 DCs.

-NOTE: I will be working on this page and the battlefy page throughout the week so its more clear and accurate.  

Countdown to "Check In"

Here's a countdown link of the tournament.
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/gen...sz=1&swk=1

Link to the Tournament
IN PROGRESS
http://battlefy.com/black117/spring-forw...ceb5e/info

Report Codes
I'll make a thread for this soon

FORUM CHAT
http://www.twitch.tv/vgc2015forum/

Password: VGC2015
Can't wait, the last one was a blast #MarchMadness :D
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Im down agian, I got lucky Kappa i wanna test it KappaHD
I'm gonna be in this Smile
[Insert signature here]
count me in! i got SUPER lucky last time.
Hmm, maybe I'll play in one of these again.
Ice-type is best type.

orangeguy1201 on twitch
FC: 0361-7301-1534

- 9th in first forum tournament 

- 2nd in Gen 1 Tournament

GL! Not going to sign up because unclear if I will be able to attend.
Gl all. I going to try to join but Im going to be busy this weekend so we'll see Kappa
Alright the first musketeer trio legend has been soft reset which is a jolly Virizion with an iv value of 31/31/31/28-29/26-27/31.
You gonna be able to get the other 2 in time? Soft resetting takes a long time usually