Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC or SMOGON] Q&A Thread - Ask Us Anything (REDUX)
Ok question.... This is my team.....please tell me what I can improve and what's not allowed in vgc or nays

Spiritomb with move set of: psychic, dark pause, Gina impact, and sucker punch,

Torterra w/ tackle bite mega drain and razor leaf

Samurott w/ razor shell hold back confide and hydro pump

Emboar w/ flare blitz hold back head smash take down

Mega charizard X w/ flamethrower blast burn strength and fly

And sea pert with hydro cannon ice beam surf and protect
(Feb 15, 2016, 03:20 PM)Pattyback11 Wrote: Ok question.... This is my team.....please tell me what I can improve and what's not allowed in vgc or nays

Spiritomb with move set of: psychic, dark pause, Gina impact, and sucker punch,

Torterra w/ tackle bite mega drain and razor leaf

Samurott w/ razor shell hold back confide and hydro pump

Emboar w/ flare blitz hold back head smash take down

Mega charizard X w/ flamethrower blast burn strength and fly

And sea pert with hydro cannon ice beam surf and protect

Have you tried using the team in Battle Spot? If you give it a try it'll give you an idea what your team is lacking. One of them is you don't have anything to deal with fairy types. Most of your movesets are there for coverage but you really need to change most. Example is Charizard X, its a physical attacker with an awesome ability, you should take advantage of it.
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

The Smogon Politoed drizzle team. I've made it but don't know if it's worth keeping. Opinions?
frattt
If you need help with IV breeding or if you wanna battle (Mixed OU), feel free to send me a PM!
This is directed specifically at the author of this thread, why do you have bad opinions on video game characters?
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
(Mar 10, 2016, 01:56 PM)squeab Wrote: This is directed specifically at the author of this thread, why do you have bad opinions on video game characters?

Why do you hate everything i love
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
(Mar 10, 2016, 06:24 PM)ChaseInfinity Wrote: Why do you hate everything i love

Why do you love everything I hate
I'm not entirely sure if this question belongs to this thread, but here it goes.

I want to get into competitive pokemon, VGC format, but as you guys know the primal pokemon take too much time to SR for with the animations and all. I don't have powersaves or anything of the sort, should I start SR for good IVs and a good nature? Or should I just go to the trading thread and ask for help from someone with powersaves?
@TeifitV Option numero dos is what I would suggest. People here are friendly and will most likely help you.
Quick question about Gastro Acid.

Let's say I use Gastro Acid against Gengar. He will lose his Levitate ability. But what happens when he mega evolves? Will Gastro Acid still be in effect and cancel Mega Gengar's Shadow Tag or will Shadow Tag still work?