Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC or SMOGON] Q&A Thread - Ask Us Anything (REDUX)
Guys need your insights primarily on Groudon on my team, should i opt for survivability or power? my previous set was a defensive one but i get rekt during 1v1 with offensive Groudons

[Image: primal_groudon_by_alounea-d7iy02e.png]

Akainu (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb  
Ability: Desolate Land  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe  
Naive Nature  
- Precipice Blades  
- Eruption  
- Protect  
- Earth Power  

I know the team isn't perfect yet (just compiled in some common mons on showdown) and sorry for using moody smeargle, but i got rekt by it a lot in showdowns due to its DV+transform so here's the team, just in case you need it

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite  
Ability: Inner Focus  
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Double-Edge  
- Fake Out  
- Sucker Punch  
- Low Kick  

Hildon (Crobat) (M) @ Lum Berry  
Ability: Inner Focus  
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Def / 108 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Quick Guard  
- Tailwind  
- Super Fang  
- Taunt  

Thundurus @ Leftovers  
Ability: Prankster  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Thunder  
- Thunder Wave  
- Taunt  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  

Kanjuro (Smeargle) (M) @ Mental Herb  
Ability: Moody  
EVs: 244 HP / 12 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Transform  
- Follow Me  
- Dark Void  
- Spiky Shield  

Xerneas @ Power Herb  
Ability: Fairy Aura  
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpA / 8 SpD  
Modest Nature  
- Geomancy  
- Moonblast  
- Protect  
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Lastly, what do you guys think of M-Ray Ho-oh core?
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

I need help with just posting a thread on my team?? Like i cant seriously figure out every pokemons evs!!!!! Thats all that i cant do!!!!
Penguin, look at marcusube's latest post if you still need help with formats. Regarding your EVs, you know on the training bags section where you tap it to get effects, There's a certain bag there, all white, called a reset bag. If you have one, save your game before you start tapping the reset bag. Once you saved, tap it until your stats are reset. It could take a while. When you reset your EVs, there are numbers that will appear, memorize those numbers. That's your current EVs. Then soft reset so you can go back to your last save. Hope I'm clear and helped XD @Swimmingpenguin791
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

(Jan 24, 2016, 08:41 PM)jouzea Wrote: Penguin, look at marcusube's latest post if you still need help with formats. Regarding your EVs, you know on the training bags section where you tap it to get effects, There's a certain bag there, all white, called a reset bag. If you have one, save your game before you start tapping the reset bag. Once you saved, tap it until your stats are reset. It could take a while. When you reset your EVs, there are numbers that will appear, memorize those numbers. That's your current EVs. Then soft reset so you can go back to your last save. Hope I'm clear and helped XD @Swimmingpenguin791

ok um well thats confusing but i did make my thread and did i do it right? [url=[url=http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-RATE-MY-TEAM-Right-format-i-hope-ple
So here is my question:
Is @Eckley really a Goomy?
Here is m question:
On a team, there is a Wall, Settler(Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes settler), Pysical and Special attacker. Is there any more, or is that all?
I'm one of the saddest, countriest, and beautifulest Ampharos around
(Feb 4, 2016, 06:54 PM)CharizardSoOP21 Wrote: Here is m question:
On a team, there is a Wall, Settler(Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes settler), Pysical and Special attacker. Is there any more, or is that all?

Those you quoted are actually the most well-known, but some Pokemon can have a more detailed, specific and situational role. You have e.g Clerics such as Audino, Florges or Celebi that can remove status ailments or bring a vital Wish, the Spinners/Defog users whose job is to remove hazards. You mentioned "Physical and Special Attacker", then again you can get more precise and talk about Sweepers, usually fast and hard-hitting, or Wall-Breakers, designed to annihilate specific counters to your team. 

If you get into very specific, there are the Sleep Absorbers that take the Spore/Sleep Powders to their advantage by running Sleep Talk for example, or by being already affected by Sleep (by Smogon rules, this activates the Sleepy Clause). Or the Spin Blockers, usually Ghost-type Pokemon not affected by Rapid Spin. You can find Revenge-killers, that once they enter the field are supposed to finish off a Pokemon that put one of yours down.  

I could make a more comprehensive listing if you like, but there are essentially very specific roles attributed to Pokemon, depending on the situation of the game you want to prevail/avoid while team building, and also regarding the Metagame and the common trends and strategies that your opponents can potentially use.
(Feb 4, 2016, 08:26 PM)ShaoForce Wrote:
(Feb 4, 2016, 06:54 PM)CharizardSoOP21 Wrote: Here is m question:

Those you quoted are actually the most well-known, but some Pokemon can have a more detailed, specific and situational role. You have e.g Clerics such as Audino, Florges or Celebi that can remove status ailments or bring a vital Wish, the Spinners/Defog users whose job is to remove hazards. You mentioned "Physical and Special Attacker", then again you can get more precise and talk about Sweepers, usually fast and hard-hitting, or Wall-Breakers, designed to annihilate specific counters to your team. 

If you get into very specific, there are the Sleep Absorbers that take the Spore/Sleep Powders to their advantage by running Sleep Talk for example, or by being already affected by Sleep (by Smogon rules, this activates the Sleepy Clause). Or the Spin Blockers, usually Ghost-type Pokemon not affected by Rapid Spin. You can find Revenge-killers, that once they enter the field are supposed to finish off a Pokemon that put one of yours down.  

I could make a more comprehensive listing if you like, but there are essentially very specific roles attributed to Pokemon, depending on the situation of the game you want to prevail/avoid while team building, and also regarding the Metagame and the common trends and strategies that your opponents can potentially use.

I wouldn't need you to do the list, but could you suggest a pokemon that goes (For the Kanto challenge) well with a Wall-Clefable, a Settler-Nidoqueen, a Pysical-Machanp, and a special-Alakazam?
I'm one of the saddest, countriest, and beautifulest Ampharos around
Currently people are collecting information about this topic in the Smogon Battle Spot section to help players for the upcoming competition. If you want a link to the thread, here it is down below. There should be a post regarding what Pokemon does what in the competition. Otherwise you can always search up Bulbapedia/Serebii/PokemondDB for general information like moves.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/onl...c.3563162/
Is it good to teach good moves to pokemon who is rare to see with? (For example, Mewtwo with Energyball, or Tyranitar with thunder punch).