Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Your most Embarrassing Pokemon Moment
Definitely not running away from a shiny fletchling.

Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
Catching a shiny electabuzz but forgetting to save... Sad
Alright boy and girls, time to sit down for another story from Grandpa PK.

Well actually for the sake of being concise, I'll just keep this long list of grievances as a simple list rather than elaborating on each point. Enjoy!
  • I named my first Treecko "PUNCHER" because its only attacking move was Pound.
  • I didn't know that the lowercase and symbols keyboards existed until Pearl.
  • I didn't think I could catch Kyogre when I first played Sapphire so I killed it instead.
  • I thought I could have multiple save files so I let my sister override my first save file.
  • I didn't know that the Master Ball existed in Sapphire so I skipped it and the Aqua Hideout disappeared somehow.
  • I used my Master Ball on Articuno in Fire Red.
  • I went bankrupt in Fire Red.
  • I didn't beat Fire Red until I was in 8th grade because I was bankrupt and couldn't beat Lorelei because I couldn't afford to buy Poke Balls to catch something that could beat her.
  • I went bankrupt in Fire Red because I used all my money to buy Evolutionary Stones at the Department Store.
  • I tried to use a Water Stone to evolve Wailmer.
  • I refused to level up anything in Sapphire except for my Sceptile.
  • When I couldn't beat Sapphire's Elite Four with my over-leveled Sceptile, my solution was to get said Sceptile to level 100.
  • When I barely beat Steven with my over-leveled Sceptile "team", I thought I would have to battle May too when she walked in and almost rage quit.
  • When I learned how to clone in Emerald, the first thing I did was to make like 20 clones of my Level 100 Sceptile.
  • I didn't know that Rayquaza or the Regis existed in Sapphire until my cousin showed me. This is also where I learned that Google existed.
  • My cousin was stuck at Sootopolis City in Emerald for the longest time (and kept resetting his game when he got there) so I felt like a genius for figuring out what to do.
  • I enjoyed Pokemon contests as a kid, and yet never actually won Master Rank in the older versions.
  • I thought Kecleon was super rare and special.
  • I found a shiny Spinda in Sapphire and thought it was stronger than normal (and that Dizzy Punch was a good move).
  • I once took it upon myself to learn everything about Geodude's evolutionary line and spent WEEKS trying to evolve Graveler by level up.
  • The Geodude's name was "DUDET" because my cousin caught it and misspelled "Dudette" (I think?).
  • I thought that you could only breed Pokemon of the same species so when one of my cousins had a female Blaziken and my sister had a male, they made dozens of Torchics.
  • The one Torchic I got I leveled up into the 80s because I felt like it. His name was "CHICKEDY". 
  • When I would try the Battle Tower in Sapphire (and the Frontier in Emerald), my team always consisted of PUNCHER, CHICKEDY, and DUDET because they were the only Pokemon I had with a level above the 40s.
  • I once fell for something online that said it was possible to breed a hybrid of Plusle and Minun called "Minusle".
  • Consequently, I tried to look up "cheats" for Pokemon, like I would for old N64 games.
  • I once owned a Game Shark for my GBA. The first time I tried to use it was on my Emerald game and I accidentally had it put in every cheat at the same time. I had saved the game in the desert area and the Game Shark turned it into a mountainous area where I couldn't move between ledges and was stuck. I also had no Pokemon with me. Luckily I just turned off my game and it was back to normal. Unfortunately the Game Shark wouldn't work anymore after that. 
  • I used to spend HOURS in the underground of Pearl looking for items for fun.
  • I took it upon myself to actually catch every letter of Unown in Pearl.
  • The first time I went online in Pearl was at a hotel when I was on vacation and I spent the whole week trading random stuff on the GTS.
  • I used to clone legendaries in Emerald to trade them for random stuff on Pearl's GTS.
  • I was one of the fools that thought Rotom was a legendary Pokemon.
  • When I came back from a hiatus from Pokemon while I felt "too old" for it, I decided to try the Battle Frontier. The first team I used was Salamence, because it was already at level 50, Houndoom because I thought it was the coolest Pokemon ever, and Forretress because I wanted a Grass-type and figured Bug was basically the same thing. 
  • I "competitively trained" my Pokemon for the Battle Frontier by grinding for EVs one by one, by giving them only STAB moves for attacking, and by giving them random berries as items just to have SOMETHING.
  • When I played X I got super nostalgic and wanted to catch and use every Pokemon that I ran into that I liked and evolve every new Pokemon that I wan into, so I ended up changing my team constantly and having A, B, and C teams just so I could use everything that I wanted.
  • It took me forever to learn how to evolve Pancham. Even though I had (and used) an Absol.

The worst part about this list is that this is just what I could think of off the top of my head and I could probably think of more, but I think I've thoroughly proven to you all that I have no idea what I'm doing here. 
(Aug 18, 2015, 07:30 PM)PKPatriot56 Wrote: [*]I was one of the fools that thought Rotom was a legendary Pokemon.

If I may add to this..

I thought that it was impossible to change Rotom into one of its forms in Alpha Sapphire.
Every single google article would say that the appliances were at Professor's Birch Lab.. I stood in front of every single thing that looked like an appliance, never found the fridge, oven, microwave, etc.

Took me an entire week to figure it out. I figured it out yesterday.
New to the Forum? Visit a 5IV Pokemon Giveaway here.

I am Breeder. Need help? Ask away!.

(Aug 18, 2015, 07:30 PM)PKPatriot56 Wrote: Alright boy and girls, time to sit down for another story from Grandpa PK.

Well actually for the sake of being concise, I'll just keep this long list of grievances as a simple list rather than elaborating on each point. Enjoy!
  • I named my first Treecko "PUNCHER" because its only attacking move was Pound.
  • I didn't know that the lowercase and symbols keyboards existed until Pearl.
  • I didn't think I could catch Kyogre when I first played Sapphire so I killed it instead.
  • I thought I could have multiple save files so I let my sister override my first save file.
  • I didn't know that the Master Ball existed in Sapphire so I skipped it and the Aqua Hideout disappeared somehow.
  • I used my Master Ball on Articuno in Fire Red.
  • I went bankrupt in Fire Red.
  • I didn't beat Fire Red until I was in 8th grade because I was bankrupt and couldn't beat Lorelei because I couldn't afford to buy Poke Balls to catch something that could beat her.
  • I went bankrupt in Fire Red because I used all my money to buy Evolutionary Stones at the Department Store.
  • I tried to use a Water Stone to evolve Wailmer.
  • I refused to level up anything in Sapphire except for my Sceptile.
  • When I couldn't beat Sapphire's Elite Four with my over-leveled Sceptile, my solution was to get said Sceptile to level 100.
  • When I barely beat Steven with my over-leveled Sceptile "team", I thought I would have to battle May too when she walked in and almost rage quit.
  • When I learned how to clone in Emerald, the first thing I did was to make like 20 clones of my Level 100 Sceptile.
  • I didn't know that Rayquaza or the Regis existed in Sapphire until my cousin showed me. This is also where I learned that Google existed.
  • My cousin was stuck at Sootopolis City in Emerald for the longest time (and kept resetting his game when he got there) so I felt like a genius for figuring out what to do.
  • I enjoyed Pokemon contests as a kid, and yet never actually won Master Rank in the older versions.
  • I thought Kecleon was super rare and special.
  • I found a shiny Spinda in Sapphire and thought it was stronger than normal (and that Dizzy Punch was a good move).
  • I once took it upon myself to learn everything about Geodude's evolutionary line and spent WEEKS trying to evolve Graveler by level up.
  • The Geodude's name was "DUDET" because my cousin caught it and misspelled "Dudette" (I think?).
  • I thought that you could only breed Pokemon of the same species so when one of my cousins had a female Blaziken and my sister had a male, they made dozens of Torchics.
  • The one Torchic I got I leveled up into the 80s because I felt like it. His name was "CHICKEDY". 
  • When I would try the Battle Tower in Sapphire (and the Frontier in Emerald), my team always consisted of PUNCHER, CHICKEDY, and DUDET because they were the only Pokemon I had with a level above the 40s.
  • I once fell for something online that said it was possible to breed a hybrid of Plusle and Minun called "Minusle".
  • Consequently, I tried to look up "cheats" for Pokemon, like I would for old N64 games.
  • I once owned a Game Shark for my GBA. The first time I tried to use it was on my Emerald game and I accidentally had it put in every cheat at the same time. I had saved the game in the desert area and the Game Shark turned it into a mountainous area where I couldn't move between ledges and was stuck. I also had no Pokemon with me. Luckily I just turned off my game and it was back to normal. Unfortunately the Game Shark wouldn't work anymore after that. 
  • I used to spend HOURS in the underground of Pearl looking for items for fun.
  • I took it upon myself to actually catch every letter of Unown in Pearl.
  • The first time I went online in Pearl was at a hotel when I was on vacation and I spent the whole week trading random stuff on the GTS.
  • I used to clone legendaries in Emerald to trade them for random stuff on Pearl's GTS.
  • I was one of the fools that thought Rotom was a legendary Pokemon.
  • When I came back from a hiatus from Pokemon while I felt "too old" for it, I decided to try the Battle Frontier. The first team I used was Salamence, because it was already at level 50, Houndoom because I thought it was the coolest Pokemon ever, and Forretress because I wanted a Grass-type and figured Bug was basically the same thing. 
  • I "competitively trained" my Pokemon for the Battle Frontier by grinding for EVs one by one, by giving them only STAB moves for attacking, and by giving them random berries as items just to have SOMETHING.
  • When I played X I got super nostalgic and wanted to catch and use every Pokemon that I ran into that I liked and evolve every new Pokemon that I wan into, so I ended up changing my team constantly and having A, B, and C teams just so I could use everything that I wanted.
  • It took me forever to learn how to evolve Pancham. Even though I had (and used) an Absol.

The worst part about this list is that this is just what I could think of off the top of my head and I could probably think of more, but I think I've thoroughly proven to you all that I have no idea what I'm doing here. 

Ok this reminded me of something don't why it did
Am I the only one who thought Trapinch didn't evolve
(Aug 19, 2015, 12:36 AM)terrorkid94 Wrote: Ok this reminded me of something don't why it did
Am I the only one who thought Trapinch didn't evolve

I was in the same boat too actually.
I only ended up evolving it into Flygon because I had traded my Skarmory that I used to fly everywhere to my cousin because I wanted to see the mail he had on a Rhyhorn and I forgot to trade back and then had to find something else with Fly. kappa
In Pokemon Black 2 I was gonna go catch mespirit (Dunno if i spelled that right.) and I was doing soft resets cause I kept killing it. After like 3-4 resets I ended up finding a shiny, then I killed it. After that happened I felt like an idiot cause I killed using freeze shock.
I'd have to say my most embarrassing moment is bringing an in-game team to a streamers multi-battle. This is back in December 2013 and I didn't know you could play pokemon competitively at the time. We did end up losing the battle as well Sad
° Replay Mod ° Pokemon Master ° Powersaver/Cloner & Breeder °  

#Hanasomi
 #TeamReplay since January 2014

> Batman <

Back in Silver, when I was 8 I think, I used my Master Ball on a Lickitung. To be fair, he was in the red and wiped me out of 17 Ultra Balls. Don't think I got to use him before a little girl wiped my save file a couple weeks later.

When I got a new battery and replayed Silver last year, I got him in one Ultra Ball...
Watching Japanese teams of Day 2 of World Championships.