Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Your most Embarrassing Pokemon Moment
I have a few funny stories.

In Generation 2 (either in Silver or Crystal) I reset the game twice because I couldn't figure out what to do (and the sad thing was, these weren't my first playthroughs.)
One time, it was right before the 7th gym, and I couldn't figure out how to move the old man from in front of the Gym. I thought it was a glitch and restarted. The other time, I tried entering the Dragon's den, and I thought the only way to get past the man in front of the cave was by raising only dragons, so I restarted to try getting all dragons. To this day, I still don't know what I was thinking.

Also in Generation 2, during my several playthroughs, I always fought Jasmine before Chuck. I wanted to get Ampharos's medicine back as soon as possible and it never crossed my mind to challenge the gym before I went back to Olivine.

In my first playthrough of Emerald, my though process for building a team was bringing Pokemon that weren't weak to the Gym I was facing. I caught a Sableye early in Granite Cave, and since it had no weaknesses in Generation 3, it pretty much never left my team. As a result, my Sableye was the highest level Pokemon of the playthrough at Level 50, even higher than my starter, which was a Treeco. To this day, it is still a Grovyle, and I haven't evolved it into a Sceptile yet, even though it is level 35.

In that same playthrough, when I climbed Sky Pillar, my team got destroyed on the climb up. I don't think I could use repels then since my team was so underleveled. When I finally made it to the top, I only had one strategy to beat Rayquaza, which was hope it used Rest and have my Swellow use Endeavor. If that didn't happen, I coudn't win. Once I did catch him, he was pretty much the only Pokemon I used for the rest of the game.

As a side note, I expected the layout of Sky Pillar in ORAS to resemble its original counterparts. Boy was I wrong.

In Pearl, I loved the underground, and I would spend hours just going there and digging for things. I was too distracted by by playing in the underground to even think about the Gym.

Finally in X, I found a shiny Gabite in a friend safari. I knocked it down to 1 health with False Swipe, and then the Gabite used Take Down and killed itself. I was pretty salty about that, so I caught another shiny Gabite and named it Kamikaze because of that.

Well, that's all I can think of. Hopefully, this got a few laughs.
When I first started playing Pokémon I played Pokémon Ranger, then waited a while and played Pokémon Y. I wonder traded a lot, one day I got a shiny Kyogre. I had no idea what a shiny was and ended up wonder trading it. I told my cousin and brother and they got sooo mad at me XD. Lesson learned and now im a Pokémon Nerd/ Geek. Theres a difference. Anyway I started at Gen 4 and my brother started Gen 3. I fell in love with Pokémon after Robert showed me it. <3
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

Previously Known as MistressGlaceon

uwu i can hacku
When i found a shiny entei after 5437 Soft Resets and i accidently turned off my consle
There was a shiny Mewtwo in GTS who wanted a Graveler. I didnt had one, so I looked for one on the GTS and gave my shiny Zekrom; just to see how I couldn´t cancell the damn evolution of graveler into golurk...
Oh boy! Disaster train incoming;

First of all, I had Pokemon Red, my buddy had Blue. We battled quite often, using that dang link cable that only worked when you stayed in just the right position. Eventually I decided that nicknaming all my pokes to "???" would be a good idea, since then he wouldn't know which one I would send out. Of course, that doesn't quite help when your buddy is sitting right next to you because that link cable is so short. So, yeah, that didn't quite work out.

Not long after that, I somehow aquired pokemon silver on a floppy disk, before it was officially released here in Europe. Too bad it was in japanese. I couldn't figure out what to do after getting the egg from Mr. Pokemon, so I just grinded. I eventually ended up with a lvl 23 Croconaw before I even battled the rival for the first time. A while after that, I also thought that my Jumpluff had the same move twice (it actually had absorb and mega drain, but I couldn't tell the difference, because, you know, japanese).

When I got Pokemon Ruby, I caught a Ralts. And for some reason decided that that would be the only Pokemon I'd use in the whole game. So of course, I ended up with an overleveled gardevoir. Then I encountered a trainer that I had to fight. That trainer had a Poochyena. And my Gardevoir only had Psychic type moves. And I wasn't bright enough to think that maybe I should train a different Pokemon to get past him. I also didn't know about struggle. Good times.
Oh god, I'm remembering even more because of you people... Just kill me now,

Long ago, when the very first set of trading cards came out, everyone suddenly had them. I wanted them, too, so I collected my allowance, went to the local toy store, and bought... A pack of knock of cards. Cards that just had pictures of the pokemon. No attacks on the cards, no energy cards, just... Simple cards with a picture of a pokemon.

After a while, I did eventually get the TGC cards. I ended up with a shiny Zapdos. *Shiny as in, it had a glittering background*. Some girl I met on a vacation had Pokemon cards too. But she had an Electrode card that was way different then the ones I had seen up to that point. I traded my shiny Zapdos for it. Turns out that that Electrode was a fake.

I actually thought Pikablue was a thing. This was before Gold and Silver were released. A random magazine got their hands on some early concept art for Marill, and they were convinced that that was some super rare Pokemon that you could catch in Red/Blue. I tried for weeks, man....

I thought the new types *dark and steel* where a hoax. Because that same magazine said so. So... When I finally got my hands on that japanese Pokemon Silver floppy, I simply didn't think that was a thing. Jasmine's Steelix made me quit playing that floppy because of it.
Suffice to say, that magazine does not exist anymore. Also, for some reason, dark and steel still feel like they're *new* types to me.