Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread
Looking forward to seeing it Anime! I actually forgot it even had a mega haha

If everyone still wants analysis' I can do my best for a Conkeldurr one, as long as nobody else wants to do it that is. We've already discussed how good Conkeldurr is in the Q&A thread, so it may be worth adding it to the megathread
heres my try at a mega manectric analysis :P
http://thejustinflynn.tv/forum/Thread-BU...1#pid57301
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
I'm going to revive this thread considering there hasn't been much discussion about the current state of th VGC 2015 metagame. So far how is the season treating you all since there has been a considerable shift to weather, redirection, and bulky offense. At the moment speed control is the name of the game since whoever can go first with their powerful Megas/team cores will likely win the game. I know this is somewhat obvious but just remember the meta has available some of the most powerful pokemon in the game. What do you all have to say?
I haven't played much recently although I have done pretty well with my Mega Metagross team. I think you're right about speed control being the main focus, and I've personally gone for thunder wave as my form of it, because it can negate tailwind, and tbh I'm not good enough to use TR teams :P
It's basically what we all assumed.

The top 12 most used pokemon:

1. Kangaskhan (No surprise here, honestly.)
2. Landorus
3. Sylveon  (Called it.)
4. Talonflame (Kinda surprised? Idk i thought thundurus/lando/heatran would just threaten it out)
5. Thundurus
6. Charizard (Surprised here. Lando/Thund/Heatran/Terrak/Garchomp all threaten it ahaha)
7. Heatran
8. Bisharp (Called it.)
9. Terrakion
10. Amoongus
11. Cresselia (I feel like this should be higher.)
12. Aegislash (Very surprised here. Like, almost everything on this list can hit it hard. Not to mention all the ones that arent on this list that are a threat now.)
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
I was playing a lot last night and it seemed like a was running into a bunch of

1. kang
2. talon flame

seems like fake out and priority are showing their ugly faces again

intimidate or something else to nerf physical might be a must. quick guard might be worth considering as well.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
Also, word on the street is that HP Ground Charizard is a thing?
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
I considered trying that, but I never got around to actually building my Charizard Y team. Heatran walls the Charizards that run heat wave/solarbeam/overheat so this would give Charizard a way to deal with it. If anyone has tried this, I'd be interested in hearing how it worked out
Heatran ATM solidified itself as the premier Fire (and Steel) mon with the ability to wall a good portion of the megas like Mawile, Gardevior, Char Y, Venu, etc. Thanks to its Flash Fire ability Heatran can literally eat up any fire move while still boosting its own. Heatran is literally the one I always find myself using whether it's the sub attacker or scarf with Overheat/Flash Cannon just to take out Terrakin. or Amoonguss. Charizard Y usage has somewhat dropped now but they're still there paired with those Terrakion-Whimscott-Lando core or Pledges with Venusaur and Greninja. I have seen people opt Focus Blast just like most singles variants to take out not only Heatran but Terrakion/T-Tar as well.

(May 2, 2015, 02:00 PM)Justin Wrote: Also, word on the street is that HP Ground Charizard is a thing?

Yeah I seen that on the higher ladder (at 1750s) considering Charizard Y has to rely on using Focus Blast just to dent it.
Yeah, HP Ground zard y is a thing. So is earthquake zard Y depending on the build. It's not the best check to Heatran, assuming a lot of heatrans can actually live it, and most are also running air balloon: but it works. I just always prefer the fighting route to take out heatran since its always a sure fire way. Conkeldurr is my boy.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.