Poll: Do you want VGC 2016 to be based on the new ORAS Battle Spot (basically no "Pentagon Rule")
Yes
No
Seismic Toss Kang is Scurry
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Transferred Pokemon to be Allowed Starting on ORAS Battle Spot from Sept. 15
Transferred Pokemon to be Allowed on ORAS Battle Spot Starting from Sept. 15

[Image: suicune.gif] [Image: raikou.gif] [Image: entei.gif][Image: landorus.gif] [Image: thundurus.gif] [Image: tornadus.gif]

So I've message a couple of people from the forums about this news from Japan and I wanted to wait until there was an confirmation from at least the fan sites. Well according from the Japanese Pokemon Global Link, starting September 15th the ORAS League Battle Spot will allow all transferred Pokemon from previous generations to participate in all their formats (Singles, Doubles, Triples, Rotation) bar the Special format. This means Pokemon, including those found in event exclusive games and distributions (Dream World Sheer Force Landorus, Sheer Cold Relaxed Suicune, Extreme Speed Adamant Entei, Aura Sphere Rash Raikou, Defiant Thundurus/Tornadus), and a host of move tutor exclusive Pokemon dating back to Gen 3 are allowed back just like it was in the XY Battle Spot. Now this news isn't the announcement for the next Pokemon format, though this might be a hint whether or not TPCi decides to allow cross generational Pokemon to participate in real VGC tournaments.

Probably the biggest downside is we've now lost an "official online ladder" for VGC since the current ruleset follows the eventually out going ORAS Battle Spot with the pentagon rule. In short, Pokemon without the pentagon can now participate on ORAS Battle Spot very soon. To be honest, this might force some players to go Pokemon Showdown since the the ORAS Battle Spot Metagame will clearly shift with in favor of these event exclusive Pokemon. It will be annoying for players who happen to battle Helping Hand Togekiss, Follow Me Magmar/Electabuzz/Blastiose, Eruption Heatran and even Seismic Toss Mega Kangaskhan *shudders* Sad

So I'm going to leave a poll saying if you want the new format to be based on the New ORAS Battle Spot format or should it be another. Just leave a comment down below so we can discuss this. If anyone is interested, I can make a new guide which lists all Pokemon and their generational exclusive move tutors and abilities.

See you all later

Messages In This Thread
Transferred Pokemon to be Allowed Starting on ORAS Battle Spot from Sept. 15 - by Black117 - Sep 8, 2015, 03:01 AM