Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Basic Guide to Speed Control (VGC)
Yeah one of the things I kinda wanted to avoid discussing about were individual Pokemon themselves like Cresselia, Thundurus, Rotom-W, Suicune, etc as though they are arguably among the top speed control mons in the game, we don't know if the they'll appear in the format. Heck we still don't know what the VGC 2017 format will be, however judging by previous years (2011 and 2014), chances are it will be regional based format, possibly meaning some of the legendaries, move tutors, and other Pokemon I've mentioned might not appear. As some people have told me, I didn't want to go completely overboard, as there's links to other speed control guides I've used to make this on.

Didn't even include Scarf Pokemon, as "speed control" options, but if this article already listed all the other "niche" ways to gain speed or move ahead first, then probably will add it to the section. Kinda focus more so on Thunder Wave and Trick Room as these have been arguable the strongest methods of speed control, and has appeared in the Worlds Top 8, or even in the finals in some form. If anything, expect Thunder Wave and Trick Room to have some form of impact in battles, especially Thunder Wave's "paralysis" chance.

Like I said before, if there's anything anyone wants me to discuss in a future post before we get heavy into S/M, just pm me some thoughts and ideas. Currently trying to manage some stuff and try hard to get back into competitive, especially with the new metagame shifts ahead. Otherwise anyone can ask their options about this article and any further questions, I'll respond.

Messages In This Thread
Basic Guide to Speed Control (VGC) - by Black117 - Sep 16, 2016, 12:44 PM
RE: Basic Guide to Speed Control (VGC) - by Reed - Sep 16, 2016, 12:52 PM
RE: Basic Guide to Speed Control (VGC) - by Frost - Sep 16, 2016, 12:53 PM
RE: Basic Guide to Speed Control (VGC) - by Black117 - Sep 16, 2016, 08:33 PM