Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program
Looking for VGC/Smogon help from experienced players? Look no further!

I've noticed there's been a lot of newer members asking for competitive battling help and I think it'd be a great idea to bring people together and help new people more efficiently with having a mentor program. Interested in being a mentor/getting a mentor? Keep reading below!

A mentor is someone who can help you get started in the competitive world (whether it be Smogon/VGC/etc.), build teams, or just give any VGC advice in general! Or you can practice battling teams together on Battle Spot/Showdown together, etc. There are no real requirements to becoming a mentor, VGC/Smogon/battling experience is a must though.

If anybody wants to be a mentor just post a little about yourself and what format you're best in/play in (Smogon/VGC), your timezone, and any experience you have! And then we can get newer members to get assigned to someone. THIS WILL BE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS.* Also feel free to message/post questions on this thread for any of these people!

* = (Unless you are listed for both VGC AND Smogon, we will try to pair you with a mentee that also wants to learn more about both)

Please keep checking this thread to see if you have been assigned, and once you are assigned to someone please PM your new mentee/mentor and introduce yourself! I will try to send out PMs once everyone is assigned, but it is very time consuming so for my sanity just remember to check this thread.

Interest list for Mentors:
  • Black117 - VGC/Battlespot Doubles (GMT -8)
  • Eeveeli (GMT+1, can handle multiple mentees)
  • naitre (EST) - Smogon
  • Rogue (EST) - Smogon & VGC
  • Marcusube (EST) - Smogon & VGC
  • MudkipLegend (EST) - VGC
  • Sandragon13 - Smogon
  • z2porygon (MST) - VGC
  • Animekid7 (EST) - VGC
  • terrorkid94 - VGC
  • Aether - VGC
Interest list for being Mentored:
  • names go here

CURRENT MENTOR/MENTEE LIST (Mentor is listed first, then mentee)
  • Black117 & DeathofShadows1928
  • Eeveeli & Nubnubs12345
  • Animekid7 & RebornFX
  • terrorkid94 & gpoke
  • Rogue & rockiesfan4ever & BlakBlankaSmash
  • Aether & Blue

Messages In This Thread
VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - by SCf3 - Dec 30, 2014, 02:34 PM