Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Trick Room/Tailwind Switch Team Building Ideas
I'm testing a bulky TR M-Gardevoir but i have other forms of speed control with Thunder Wave and Icy Wind with the rest of the team. The best option in my opinion is to have a core of 3-4 pokemon which are great under Trick Room and another core of 3 pokemon which can perform even under Tailwind. For example i don't see Suicune working under Trick Room because its best EV spread consists in 20 Spe EV which outspeeds Adamant Scarf Land-T under Tailwind. If you are not Evsing Suicune with those 20 EVs, it will outspeed Land-T under TR but not in Tailwind anymore.. anyway 108 speed stat isn't really optimal to perform under Trick Room (Suicune would be slower than 4 Spe EV Rotom-W).. it would be an awkard situation for sure. Suicune definitely belongs to the Tailwind core. Cresselia can be a jolly since it can run both Trick Room and Thunder Wave/Icy Wind. Shuca Berry Heatran would be a good set since it wins any mirror match despite the speed tier. Sylveon is Sylveon. Thundurus is another jolly because it can use Taunt to prevent slow speed tier TR teams to set up but it can also Thunder Wave fast threats. And we are still missing a Mega slot :P

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trick Room/Tailwind Switch Team Building Ideas - by GiMYz - May 12, 2015, 04:32 PM