Poll: About what should be my next "All Our Favorite" post?
This poll is closed.
Fairy-Types
28.57%
4 28.57%
Ice-Types
71.43%
10 71.43%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] All Our Favorite Poison Pokémon!
[Image: poison_type_pokemon_trainers__re_updated...75tbve.png]

Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and this post is WAY overdue. No excuses, let's just right into it!

As this is my first "All Our Favorite" post as a newly inducted PokémonForever mod, I thought it'd be fun to get extremely personal with you guys. And by that, I mean let me tell you all about the time I almost quit playing Pokémon. It was 2010, I'd played HeartGold and SoulSilver to death, and I was frankly burned out of Pokémon. I'd beaten Red more times than I could count (mostly because I'd grinded to 100), and the games and I felt like we had started to drift apart. Fast forward to 2012, I hadn't played Pokémon at all for nearly two years, and then...I saw it. It, the thing. No, not the cheesy horror movie classic, no. It was the pokémon that saved Pokémon for me. I saw it before me, grand and spledorous. It was, it was...

Scolipede
[Image: comment_DbYs3cQzgVNL6nQytFCSfqK1axekj21E.jpg]
Scolipede @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Sp Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

What? Why the face? Is this not the pokémon you were expecting? Well, too bad! I'm not exaggerating when I say that Scolipede single-handedly brought me back into the franchise. I was in high school at the time, and all the friends I had that used to play Pokémon moved on to other games like Skyrim, Call of Duty, and the inevitable onslaught of copy-cat games we've gotten since. I didn't have anyone to play with, and thus it felt like it was time to move on. Then suddenly, I see this thing! For those of you that don't know, I'm absolutely enamored with the arthropleura, an extinct species of millipede distinguishable for its parallel foot prints, and 3m length from head to thorax. Let me say that again, 3m! That's 9ft for the metric-declined. This was a massive bug, and I'm completely engrossed by its biology, always have been since I first heard about it. Therefore, when I found out they made a pokémon based on my favorite Carboniferous arthropod, you bet I was going to drop everything to get one! And I did! I rushed to the nearest game store and bought a copy of Black just so I could have an Scolipede on my team.

I don't play OU, so I don't want to hear any flak about not running Aqua Tail or Swords Dance on this set. This is again MY personal favorite set to use, and I've had more fun with it since Gen 6 than I can possibly describe. The idea is to switch in on a lower-power move that's super-effective against my Scolipede like Accelrock or Aerial Ace, which does anywhere from 50% - 70%, activate the Weakness Policy, double Attack, and then sweep after a +1 from Speed Boost. It's definitely one of my favorite strategies, and while my Scolipede has never seen much use in the VGC format, seening it in OU along with other powerhouses brings me more joy than you can imagine. Also, here's what a Shiny Scolipede looks like. 'Nuff said.

[Image: d48c907b4e3f8d35ba1821dda95c294bc61272d4_hq.jpg]

Other Poison-Types I adore are:

[Image: nidoqueen.png] [Image: toxicroak.png] [Image: 250px-804Naganadel_Dream.png] 

I've always preferred Nidoqueen over her counterpart, so it makes me sad to see that Nidoking is the one that gets all the love. I can understand it, though. Nidoking is better in competitive, arguably a better Shiny, and some people just can't seem to get over Nidoqueen's...uh, assets. Regardless, I love Nidoqueen, and I'd use her through a playthrough of Kanto over her lifemate any day. Toxicroak is another of those pokémon that I didn't love the first time I saw it. If anything. Croagunk's repeated appearance in the anime was actually quite annoying, but after I Shiny hunted one in X, successfully finding it after only 706 repelled encounters, I took an unexpected shine to this poison dart frog. It has a cool typing, a very ninja-esque design, and has helped level dozens of mons in Poni Gauntlet (give it Thunder Punch and there's nothing Toxicroak can't hit super-effectively on that route). And then there's Naganadel, which I don't wish to cramp down your throats. If you wish to hear my reasoning for why I love Naganadel again, click the link here. Honorable mentions include:

[Image: icon-toxapex.png] [Image: icon-seviper.png] [Image: icon-dragalge.png] [Image: icon-roserade.png]

That's all for this post! Thank you for stopping by and checking out my discussion on Poison-Types. Don't forget to let me know what YOUR favorite Poison-Types are in the thread below, and make sure to vote on the poll for which "All Our Favorite" post you'd like to see next. I look forward to bringing you guys more content as a newly apointed PokémonForever mod!

Thanks so much for reading, everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii

P.S. If you're looking for some legit BR mons, head on over to
Amethyst 0mega's newest giveaway hosted by @RetroTyphlosion. Link right here.
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Hey, everybody! I'm still 0kamii, and for this "All Our Favorite" post, I feel like I want to tag: @bloodstains4, @FishFreckles, @PokemonRules, and new user @sunpineMy QOTD is:

What is your favorite Poison-Type, and what's your favorite way to use it?

Looking forward to the replies. Remeber to keep it rated G! Thanks, everybody! Read you later!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Poipole = Best Poison Type
OU MASTER RACE
To be the first to jump on this but my 2 favorite poision type are Silvally with a poision memory and Arceus with a toxic plate Ariados, and Beedrill.  Why two Bug/Poision types?  Because  I like to use Beedrill's mega in some battles, But what I will always prefer to use is an Ariados.  

Its rare when she can hold her own, but I love to use her.  It has a signature move in Toxic String, which combined poison and string shot in to a powerful move.  Aside from her adverage stats, she has served me well in a few random battles, as well as some other times in my moon play through.
Mawr
Crobat ALL DAY guys.Not too much competitively but just favourite poison type.
Salazzle. It didn't used to be Salazzle, but my totem one in Ultra Moon ended up being such a great pokemon she replaced my starter for most of the game. It's not probably one of my favourite fire types as well.

Although everyone keeps complaining at me that Salazzle's are too feminine. Because it's not like that's the whole idea of their lore...
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
My favorite poison type is trubbish croagunk. The reason why is because it's one of the few poison types I vividly remember, Brock's in the anime and the one in PMD.
I really like koffing/weezing. Classic design that really looks poisonous. A runner up would have to be salazzle because of its simple design and cool typing.

Thanks for asking @0kamii
Haunter is my second favorite pokemon ever.  It has an awesome look and can get mean with an eviolite.  I only wish it carried the white shininess gengar gets in its mega form.
Poison has never been a type Ive thought much of, however Toxicroak has always been really cool to me. Second and third go to Toxapex and Salazzle which are some of my favorite gen 7 mons and I adore their shiny forms. Finally Garbodor for being my favorite mon on my original play through of BW2. Thanks for asking @0kamii
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ